**Remote Freelance Writer- Finance
Do you have hands-on experience working in a financial field or institution?
Do you have your own personal finance blog or write for others?
Are you creative and passionate about personal finance?
Do you enjoy sharing your opinions, providing a unique perspective or insight, and helping people?
THEN GoBankingRates.com is the ideal place for you!
Go Banking Rates is looking for a freelance writer with a financial background and passion for personal finance to write for their network of finance websites and help people make sense of complicated financial matters.
The content team seeks freelance writers to write for national person finance website www.GoBankingRates.com. Articles topics include banking, savings, debt, credit, mortgage, auto loans, retirement, and investing. Content may include but is not limited to: Well-researched and originally-sourced feature articles, encyclopedia-style articles, and more basic, templated content.
Freelance writers are responsible for producing 300-1,000 publishable words (depending on assignment) of high-quality, original and well-researched content per assignment, and adhering to agreed-upon submission dates without fail. Freelance writers will be responsible for precisely following specifications, templates, style guides and other documents if provided. They will produce writing with a minimal amount of correspondence and support provided by their editor, but will communicate early and clearly to ask questions and provide information to their editor. Freelance writers are expected to proofread their work so that final submissions require few, if any, changes.
- Previous freelance writing experience (samples required)
- Strong grasp of mathematical, financial and economic concepts like deposit accounts, interest rates, mortgages, credit and debt (there will be a test).
- Basic understanding of SEO
- Technical aptitude (HTML knowledge a plus)
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Your own blog or experience with Wordpress or other content publishing systems a plus
- Degree in Journalism or English preferred
**Must state desired per word rate to be considered
Please send a brief cover letter, resume, 3-5 clips of recently published work to be considered for the position.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers