Equal Employment Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/People with Disabilities.
The Way In Case Manager is a member of the Family Reconnection Team and is responsible for providing case management services to transitional aged youth (TAY) enrolled in the Youth Family Reconnection Program. The ultimate goal of the Case Manager is to help participants achieve stabilization and reunify with their families, promote self-sufficiency and provide support in securing gainful employment, increasing and saving income, and securing stable housing.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES (not listed in order of priority)
• Provide individualized case management, advocacy, and referral services to transitional aged youth (TAY) experiencing homelessness in an in-home support setting
• Support individuals in developing foundational independent living skills, securing full time employment, saving, and reunifying with family or other stable housing
• Assist individuals in identifying barriers to independent living and ways in which they may overcome them
• Provide support to participants in accessing mainstream benefits and securing permanent housing
• Maintain documentation in accordance with all regulatory and internal policies (in participant’s file and electronically in HMIS)
• Complete Family Reconnection Plans (FRP) for all assigned clients
• Engage clients in individual case management sessions on a weekly basis (or as otherwise identified in the FRP) to discuss progress/regression of plan goals, identify ongoing service needs, and provide linkage to resources as needed
• Provide referrals for group and/or individual mental health counseling; educational, vocational, and/or employment preparation and placement services; and social and recreational activities
• Conduct routine community outreach to engage participant and partner agencies to maintain enrollments at a minimum 95% capacity
• Complete client eligibility screenings and intake process
• Work with Clinical Case Manager to complete Home Assessments within 14 days of participant program entry and prior to youth’s reunification with family
• Facilitate life skills groups and individual session on the following topics: cooking, basic computer skills, employment preparation, budgeting, activities of daily living and others which are relevant to the development of independent living skills
• Participate in continuing education trainings and community based provider meetings as assigned
• Develop resources through outreach and collaboration with community providers, conduct community information sessions
• Collaborate with other staff members to ensure adherence to safety and security measures
• Drive personal vehicles & company vehicles, transport clients to appointments, events, and activities as needed (in company vehicles only)
Perform all other duties as assigned by Director
Ability to walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis. Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and reach overhead. Ability to operate computer, fax and telephone. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs and work while standing for long periods of time during shift.
• Bachelor’s Degree with one year experience in related field (experience may be substituted in some circumstances)
• Experience working with transitional aged youth experiencing homelessness preferred
• Must be TB cleared prior to employment
• CPR and First Aid Certification
• Must have Class C Driver License
• Clean MVR and ability to drive
• Must have personal mode of transportation as this position requires local travel
• SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
• Ability to carry out assignments independently and strong time management skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Computer literate in Microsoft Office Applications and ability to type a minimum of 45 WPM
• Knowledge of mainstream benefits, homeless assistance, employment, housing, medical and mental health resources in the community
• Knowledge of HMIS preferred
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.
Thank you for your interest.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers