QR Code Link to This Post
As a valued member of our team, you will be reporting to the Plant Manager to ensure daily, efficient operation of the plant. This individual will also perform minor repairs and maintenance to the best of his or her ability. Our family-owned company offers highly competitive medical, dental and vision benefits, as well as a 401k plan, flexible spending account program, paid time off and holiday pay.
*** For this particular position, we are looking for a candidate that can work our graveyard shift (approximately 9:00 pm - 5:30 am) ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including the following; other duties may be assigned)
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of plant.
- Understand and follow directions from supervisors as to required work area.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure smooth operation of the plant.
- Train new employees in the safe and efficient operation of the plant.
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s Safety Program and encourage all employees, sub-contractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture.
- Attend daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections.
- Work with Safety Department to investigate damage, incidents or near misses in the worksite, and ensure proper procedures are carried out according to the Company’s Safety Program.
- Work in a safe, responsible manner to not intentionally or unintentionally injure oneself, or endanger the wellbeing of others.
- Participate as a vital team member, and contribute towards the success of the organization, which may involve the provision of other technical and administrative support, as required.
- Promote a team approach and maintain dialogue with all employees to exchange information and gather ideas.
- Collaborate with any project teams on other special initiatives, as required.
- Assist the Plant Lead with the daily operations and upkeep of the plant.
- Inspect and perform maintenance on plant parts.
- Access the top of the tower to change screens and screen deck.
- Access incline conveyors for inspection and maintenance.
- Perform other maintenance related duties on-site as required by supervisors.
- Access all areas of the plant to perform necessary maintenance and repairs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of all applicable regulations affecting sand plant production, safety, environmental, state, federal, and company policies; ensure observance of such regulations; and ensure compliance with all regulations and permit conditions.
- Detect safety hazards and malfunctions and respond accordingly.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow directions.
- Must be able to accurately complete daily paperwork which includes plant production reports, material produced.
- Must be able to perform quality control duties and work with quality control techs.
- Must not be afraid of heights.
- Knowledge of and experience with plant and other heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of and experience with road construction materials, road construction processes and industry requirements.
- Understanding of and experience with computerized controls and electronics.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred
- Class C Driver’s License required
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 lbs. on a frequent basis.
- Work is performed in an outdoor setting, which could include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment is required.
- Use of long sleeves, and appropriate headgear is recommended.
Coast Aggregates, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Apply online at https://coastaggregates.careerplug.com/j/0e2eb2