Family Assistant/House Manager/Nanny
QR Code Link to This Post
11am – 7pm , with flex as needed
An amazing and fun loving family in Laurel Canyon area, with two very busy working parents, (they own 12 companies) and 2 kids, ages 13 and 9, are looking for an all-purpose, flexible and multi-talented personal assistant/family assistant. They have PLENTY of staff for their various businesses, as well as a chef and a housekeeper at home. And while they are busy, they are both very much involved with their kids. Due to some travel, and just their busy life, they seek someone to ensure that daily life is moving forward seamlessly. Kids are at two different schools and participate in a variety of activities so must transport them, ensure homework’s completed, stocking the house by either instacart or going to stores, buying bday gifts for parties, tidying and organizing, light meal prep if the chef is not there, bedtime rituals etc. They are super warm and fun— and if you are able to be supremely successful in the job, they are BEYOND generous.
Monday through Friday, 11am- 7pm (with flex as needed) plus benefits. PUNCTUALITY and accountability is KEY here
The ideal candidate is someone who can share examples of their experience organizing a home, running a household, utilizing technology, etc. This person is also proactive, someone who likes to make suggestions and take initiative. They would be flexible and solution oriented as new needs arise. They don’t mind doing the small things (i.e cleaning up around the house) or managing projects (i.e. organizing the garage). They would understand and exercise discretion, judgement and confidentiality. They would have a happy attitude and a good sense of humor. They like to laugh and hope you do too.
Required qualifications include the ability to:
• Organize the house and help keep it organized
• Work with the housekeeper/chef, interface wit office staff as needed
• Shop for groceries/household needs/ clothing etc (at the grocery store/Amazon/ etc)
• Drop off and pick up dry cleaning, run errands, etc.
• Oversee home improvements (and coordinate handymen when needed):
• Assist with keeping track of kids’ school needs/activities/sports
• Help with party planning
• Proactively find ways to make lives more coordinated and less stressful.
• Assist with the house rules as led by parents.
• Take care of dog, vet, groomer etc
• Research as needed
• Assist with vacation and camp info etc
• Holiday organization, packing
• Ability to set-up and use technology (i.e. connecting video game modules to the television; downloading and set up apps on smartphones (we use iPhones; use email, calendar apps, task/to do apps, etc.)