compensation: Commensurate with experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Department: Data Management
Salary: $45,291 - $65,672
Appointments are typically made between the minimum and the midpoint of the range, depending on qualifications.
Under the direction of the Reports Development Supervisor, the Report Developer will be responsible for the development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of ad-hoc and recurring reports as well as dashboards that utilize the underlying data stores for internal and external use.
Working with cross-functional teams, the Report Developer will participate to thoroughly analyze and clarify report requirements, make recommendations, and educate when necessary to meet business needs.
The Report Developer will also be required to assist the Data Analyst team in providing analytical support for report troubleshooting for end-users in the Los Angeles Continuum of Care (LA CoC).
Essential Job Functions
• Develop or assist in the development, automation, and upgrading of queries, reports, and dashboards for internal and external users.
• Assist in creating, designing, and formatting of technical specifications including descriptive text, process flows, and other information to describe required system and report changes for development and QA as needed.
• Translate report requirements to implement the required reports and dashboards, created from potentially multiple data sources.
• Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes.
• Provide support as required to ensure availability and performance of developed reports and dashboards for internal and external users.
• Assist senior staff and team members in assessing and improving business operations and processes.
• Assist in assembling complex ideas, issues and observations into useful explanations and clear direction for the team.
• Provide training and assistance to end-users to support team members as necessary.
• Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members.
• Participate with other teams to convert legacy reports.
• Participate in meetings and business and data analysis activities with cross-functional teams to gather required reporting and dashboard requirements.
• Must be able to perform duties with moderate to low supervision.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Intermediate or Advanced knowledge of T-SQL, SQL Server Data Tools, and SQL Server Management Studio.
• Performance tuning experience related to reporting queries.
• Intermediate or Advanced knowledge of relational database management systems.
• Programming/Scripting experience and knowledge of data/system analysis, software development life cycle.
• Knowledge of HMIS preferred, but not required.
• Intermediate to advanced skills of Excel, including VBA.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently, be proactive, and exercise good judgment.
• Flexibility to work with individuals with varying work styles.
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
• Open to new ideas and approaches.
• Attention to detail.
• Analytical thinker.
Training & Experience
• Minimum 1-3 years of analyzing business requirements, creating custom reports in SQL and SSRS.
• BA/BS in Computer Science or related field is strongly preferred; however an equivalent combination of applicable training and experience may be substituted for the education requirement.
To Apply, please go to www.lahsa.org/jobs
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers