compensation: DOE employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Our organization currently has an opening for an HR Representative in Los Angeles.
The HR Representative will assist in the administration of the human resources policies, procedures, and programs, and carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment and hiring, employee support and benefits.
• Complete paperwork related to hiring, termination and status and benefit changes.
• Participate in recruitment efforts for exempt and non-exempt personnel.
o Review resumes, conduct phone pre-screens, and schedule interviews.
• Assist with new-employee orientations; conducts reference checks. Prepare candidate packet and new hire paperwork.
• Prepare reports and spreadsheet documents including letters, memos, merge documents, and tables.
• Administer workers comp, ensuring effective communication flow between all parties.
• Assist employees with benefits and leave of absence process.
• Other position-related tasks, as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 2 years of Human Resources experience in similar positions with management of employee HR Life cycle (e.g., HR Coordinator, HR Representative)
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Familiarity with ADP software preferred.
• Fluency in English required and Spanish highly desired.
• Service oriented - core value of respect for employees, supervisors and our organization.
• Ability to see projects through from start to finish, including effective follow up/through.
• The ability to honor and maintain a strict level of confidentiality.
• Possess/maintain a valid State driver's license.
• The majority of time will be spent at a desk using a phone, computer and monitor, and general office equipment.
We offer a competitive benefits package that features a variety of insurance coverage choices as well as PTO and holiday time.
We believe in hard work, but we believe in balance too. If you’re looking to make a positive impact and maintain a work-life balance we would love to hear from you!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers