We are looking for skilled tradesmen to join our growing company. We perform all types of construction activities including excavating, industrial plumbing systems installation, electrical installations, tenant improvement, concrete installations, and more. The applicant must have the ability to multi-task in a variety of trades, participating in all projects.
Applicants must be self-motivated, self-sufficient, and willing to learn other trades. The ideal candidate will be motivated to develop and build their personal knowledge and skills to assist with the growth and success of the construction team and collaborate with the other crew members to complete work efficiently and in the safest manner possible, keeping safety the number one goal.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Commitment to following safety policies and procedures and to wearing required personal protective equipment, essential for performing duties in a safe manner.
• Proficient with hand and power tools and familiar with current construction practices.
• Ability to communicate clearly, collaborate, and work as part of a team with fellow employees, managers, and clients.
• Ability to Perform General Construction Tasks. Ideal candidates will have experience in two or more areas:
• Trenching and excavation including hand methods and equipment operation.
• Operate forklifts, skip loaders, boom lifts, and other types of equipment.
• Plumbing/pipe fitting of all types of pipe materials – PVC, HDPE, black iron and galvanized steel, etc.…
• Electrical systems (install various types of conduit, wire pulling, and connections).
• Electrical installation (Lighting fixtures, outlets).
• Structure demo.
• Tennant improvement and General Carpentry activities:
• Framing with wood or steel, drywall installation and finishing (repairs and texture).
• Cabinet and countertop installation.
• Flooring installation - Tile, vinyl, laminate, and baseboards.
• Drywall repairs and texture.
• Must be able to lift to 50 pounds on a regular basis and perform other physically demanding tasks, as needed.
• Shovel materials including asphalt and dirt.
• Load and unload construction supply from trucks both manually and with the use of equipment.
• Ability to stand for long hours.
• Ability to work quickly, yet safely.
• Required to work with tools while reaching above your head, sometimes for extended periods of time.
• Comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions (hot, cold, and sometimes rain) and able to perform work on uneven surfaces.
• Able to climb ladders and work from various heights.
• Occasional office work will be required using a laptop/pc with the use of monitors, mouse & keyboard.
Other qualifications and requirements:
• A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in construction, tenant improvement, and/or general building or facilities maintenance is required.
• Working knowledge of health, safety, and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to related construction processes.
• Travel out of town to work on remote job sites on an as-needed basis.
• Some projects will require working second and third shifts as well as weekends. Applicant must be willing/able to cover some of those shifts.
• Must possess and maintain a valid, clean driver's license and have proper insurance.
• Possess the OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training and is current with the 8-hour refresher training. (Not required to apply but will be a requirement upon employment).
• As part of our pre-employment process, applicants will need to submit to a background screening and pre-placement physical.
Job Type: Full-time
Wages: Pay will be based on experience
*** Please send resumes to email@example.com ***
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers