compensation: Very competitive salary based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Manning Gross + Massenburg LLP (MG+M) is currently searching for a Litigation Secretary for their Los Angeles office.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with litigation support experience in asbestos and personal injury who is specifically looking to further their career by taking on an important role as part of a growing office of a national law firm.
MG+M is a national litigation firm with deep expertise in a wide range of practice areas. We approach litigation as a unified team, integrating our efforts with those of our clients to advance their interests wherever they do business. Our goal is always to deliver optimal results at the best possible value.
• Formatting briefs, pleadings, correspondences and other legal documents, including producing TOC/TOA.
• Prepare shells for attorneys in the preparation for all motions, discovery and trial documents.
• Filing of legal documents with state and federal courts (e-filing knowledge is a must).
• Regularly and accurately proofreads all documents to ensure accuracy and completeness prior to distribution or filing.
• Updating and maintaining client files in a timely manner.
• Review legal calendar for accuracy and upcoming deadlines. Consistently and accurately send legal dates to calendaring clerk for entry into CompuLaw.
• Prioritize and execute attorney assigned tasks quickly and accurately, while being organized and detailed oriented.
• Reviewing and ensuring accuracy of vendor invoices; prepare accurate check requests and timely submit invoices for payment to client or accounting.
• Assist in the timely submission of conflict checks and client intake forms.
• Prepare for trial by assisting paralegals and attorneys.
• Possesses a strong understanding and abides by the policies and procedures of the firm
• Flexible and willing to pitch in wherever needed.
• Demonstrates a positive attitude and is approachable.
• Adapts well to fluctuations in workload and changes in responsibilities.
• Able to work in highly-stress situations with a very demanding case load.
• Presents written communications that are concise and accurate.
• Exhibits confident and professional verbal communication skills.
• Effectively communicates with clients and vendors.
• Answers questions clearly and thoroughly.
• Is a problem solver.
Skills and Abilities
• File & Serve Express, CaseHome, Case Anywhere, Pacer, ECF, File Site or other comparable document management system, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, DropBox, CompuLaw and Excel. (Aderant and File Site knowledge is a plus.)
• Attendance & Punctuality: Be consistently at work and on time; arrive at meetings and appointments on time; ensure work responsibilities are covered when absent.
• Communication: Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Customer Service: Respond promptly to attorney and client requests for service and assistance; meet commitments.
• Dependability: Follow instructions; complete tasks on time; commit to the hours necessary to complete assignments; work independently.
• Team Work: Contribute to building a positive team spirit; support everyone’s efforts to succeed.
• Technical Skills: Possess basic PC skills; ability to use phone system, copier, scanner, fax, and printer.
• Minimum of a high school diploma required (College degree is preferred, but not required).
• Minimum of three to five years of experience as litigation secretary. Asbestos experience a plus.
Why Should You Apply?
• Competitive Salary
• Excellent Benefits & 401K
• Opportunity for Advancement
• Business Casual Office Environment
As an EOE/AA employer, MG+M will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status. We are committed to cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity as a fundamental value. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers