Since 1969 the Los Angeles LGBT Center has cared for, championed, and celebrated LGBT individuals and families in Los Angeles and beyond. Today the Center's nearly 700+ employees provide services for more people than any other LGBT organization in the world, offering programs, services and global advocacy that span four broad categories: Health, Social Services and Housing, Culture and Education, Leadership and Advocacy.
Our Center Ambassadors help expand the passion for our mission to build a better world where LGBT people can thrive as healthy, equal, and complete members of society. As ambassadors, Center staff members participate by attending and then helping to organize a Get Centered! tour. Besides being a great way to grow our Center family, these tours ensure that awareness about the Center's programs and services expands to all parts of our shared community.
Position: Pharmacy Technician II #770111
Department: Health Services
Reports to: Director of Pharmacy Services
Compensation: $16.25 per hour
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm
Status: 100%, Full-Time, Non-Exempt, Union
Probation: 90 days
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance; also including Long-Term Disability, an Employee Assistance Program, and a 403(b) retirement plan
JOB SUMMARY: The Pharmacy Technician II assists a pharmacist in the performance of pharmacy related duties. Under the direct supervision and control of a pharmacist, the Pharmacy Technician II performs packaging, manipulative, repetitive, or other nondiscretionary tasks within established standards and guidelines. The Pharmacist Technician II may also perform clerical functions.
1) Nondiscretionary Tasks
a. Removes the drug or drugs from stock;
b. Counts, pours or mixes pharmaceuticals;
c. Places product into a container;
d. Affixes label or labels to the container;
e. Packages and repackages;
f. Presents prescriptions to pharmacist for review.
2) Clerical Functions
a. Collects, enters and updates patient specific data into pharmacy management system for prescription and billing processing including but not limited to third party payers, delivery preferences, allergies, etc;
b. Processes prescriptions and ensures that third party adjudication process is complete in accordance with Los Angeles LGBT Center (LALGBTC) procedure;
c. Interacts with all patients, external pharmacies, medical providers, other staff members, etc. in a professional, friendly and courteous manner to optimize customer service in the pharmacy;
d. Prepares and processes prior authorization, treatment authorization requests and other payment issues; works closely with third party payers, medical providers and clients to resolve issues;
e. Assists pharmacist in performing audit control functions such as the review of drug usage records;
f. Prepares prescription orders for mail order or delivery as required;
g. Receives and stores incoming supplies; counts stock and enters data into pharmacy management system according to LALGBTC procedure;
h. Assist with the maintenance of all paperwork and filing as required;
i. Assists with monthly inventory count as required;
j. Helps maintain orderly, clean environment in the Pharmacy;
k. Participates in staff meetings, planning meetings and other meetings as needed;
l. Other duties as assigned:
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
1) Knowledge of or experience working with the LGBTQ community and familiarity with issues of particular relevance to LGBTQ people;
2) A passion for the Center’s work and its mission to make the world a better place for LGBTQ people;
3) Two to three years of experience in a high-pressure professional medical environment;
4) Current California Pharmacy Technician License.
5) Ability to work some evenings and weekends;
6) Good verbal and written communication skills, including good organizational, detail and interpersonal skills;
7) Ability to work with pharmacy management and other software systems; knowledge of QS-1 preferred;
8) Ability to work effectively with men and women of diverse races, ethnicities, ages, and sexual orientations in a multicultural environment.
9) Bilingual a plus (English/Spanish preferred).
10) Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse races, ethnicities, nationalities, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expression, socio-economic backgrounds, religions, ages, English-speaking abilities, immigration status, and physical abilities in a multicultural environment.
The Los Angeles LGBT Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. Applications are encouraged from all persons regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical/physical/mental condition, pregnancy/childbirth and related medical condition, age, marital status, or veteran status.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities