compensation: $14/Hr. + Includes an On-Site Studio Unit + Excellent Full Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) plan + Paid time off and holidays employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The John Stewart Company is a full-service housing management, development and consulting organization that began in 1978 with a commitment to providing high quality service in the affordable housing sector. We work to enrich the lives of our residents and employees, while delivering our services cost‐effectively, efficiently and with the highest levels of professionalism, compassion, integrity and respect.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Under the general supervision of the Property Manager, assists the manager in the overall operation of the property, day-to-day implementation of policies, procedures and programs; maintains acceptable occupancy level and develops a supportive environment for all residents, including special needs residents. APM interacts with and oversees vendors and establishes and maintains effective working relationships with onsite support staffs.
- Interviews and screens prospective residents for occupancy.
- Prepares, processes and signs leases and rules.
- Purchases general supplies, and services following the P.O. policy and procedures.
- Assists with inspections and monitoring work orders.
- Rent collection, receipting, prepares deposits using Boston Post property management software.
- Writes warning letters and prepares legal notices to residents.
- Submits required reports and maintains records according to JSCo policies.
- Performs related work and other duties required.
- High school diploma or GED required. BA degree desirable.
- Ability to read, write and communicate fluently in English.
- Excellent problem solving, listening, and deductive reasoning skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must have 1- 2 years property management experience preferably with Tax Credit properties.
- Prior experience in managing affordable housing complexes.
- Must have valid Driver's License and reliable transportation, and be able to travel for training purposes.
- Knowledgeable regarding company policies, federal, state, and local laws, Tax Credit Section 42, and other rules that pertain to tenants.
- Special Needs experience a PLUS!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers