A well known business specializing in antique and contemporary hand-woven rugs is hiring! Our business is rapidly expanding and we would love to add to our talented team of warehouse/inventory associates (rug handlers).
QR Code Link to This Post
About the Role:
This role will be based out of our Los Angeles flagship office and will report to the Warehouse & Operations Manager. The Rug Handler will be ambitious, driven, and open to growth within the organization.
• Safely lift and transport heavy rugs in a team environment
• Manage and locate rugs within the showroom with inventory management
• Partner with the sales team in presenting our inventory to clients in the showroom and also outside of the showroom at onsite visits/deliveries
• Regular facilities maintenance and cleaning
• Frequently partner with the Operations manager and Warehouse manager to complete other duties as assigned
Job Skills and Classifications:
• Safely able to lift 50+ lbs on a daily basis
• Eagerness to learn new trade skills (cutting rug pads, folding rugs, varied types of deliveries, etc)
• Friendly and positive demeanor when interacting with clients in the showroom at onsite visits
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong sense of urgency when completing tasks
• Ability to adapt and learn new skills including (but not limited to) the incorporation of technology into our operation
• Fluent in Spanish a plus, but not required
• Driver’s license and good driving record a plus, but not required
This role will have no direct reports.
This job operates in both a showroom (sales room) and warehouse setting.
• The employee is sometimes required to bend, lift and occasionally carry items exceeding 50 pounds. This job often requires climbing staircases as elevators are not present at all locations
• Employee must be able to work hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week including nights and weekends, especially during peak activity periods as approved by manager.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for up to 4 hours at a time; use hands to finger, handle, reach or feel and talk or hear.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
• Must be able to hear and speak effectively in English.
Amazing opportunity to join a fast growing company with great potential for career advancement.
**Please Note - This is a FULL TIME job, MON-FRI 9AM - 6PM, looking to be filled ASAP**
TO APPLY; Please send an email with the following below...E-mails sent without the 4 bullet points below will be ignored...
2. Contact information (phone & email)
3. Experience - Rugs related or not
Thank you & good luck!