Are you considering moving to the beautiful Portland, OR area? Interested in working at a GREAT company with plenty of advancement opportunities? If so, we might be the right fit for you! Convergence Networks is Portland's oldest IT Managed Services Provider (MSP). Our philosophy is to foster strong relationships with fellow teammates and customers, create an unrivaled work environment, and provide an outstanding customer experience.
We are looking to expand our IT support team with the addition of a Service Desk Administrator (SDA), but before we get into what the job is, let's start with why you would want to work with us!
• First and foremost, our culture: We have worked very hard to create a culture of unity, transparency, and trust. Our leadership team wants you to be successful at Convergence, and we will do anything we can to support your personal and professional growth. We also have been ranked as one of Oregon Business Magazine's Top Companies to Work For, many years consecutively.
• We offer a competitive salary with profit sharing bonuses, and a great PTO plan with 8 additional paid holidays each year.
• Education and certification reimbursement is also available so we can help you move up the ranks.
• A company-matched 401k plan that is designed to help you meet your retirement goals.
• Some of the absolute best health insurance plans available for you and your family (at a very low cost to you).
• Outstanding teammates; we're very selective to make sure we have the best staff available for you to work alongside!
• Many teambuilding and company events throughout the year so you can get to know your teammates on a more personal level, as well as kick back and have some fun (families are oftentimes included as well).
• Relaxed work environment; hope you can handle a Nerf shooter! We cut loose with Nerf wars on Friday afternoons...we know you'll be in the office most of the time, and we want you to enjoy yourself and experience what it's like to be a part of the Convergence family.
As for the position, our SDA will be responsible for providing an unparalleled customer experience by responding to and resolving incoming IT requests and alerts from our customers over the phone, through email, and in person. This job operates at a very fast pace, and you must be comfortable handling high volumes of request tickets and phone calls. This position is similar to a Help Desk Analyst or Jr. Network Administrator, and offers many opportunities to advance within Convergence. If you're ambitious, motivated, and up for an exciting challenge, then we'd love to hear from you. That's the exact type of person that will thrive within our company!
Now here's all the formal stuff below...
What do our SDA's do?
• Typical working hours for the SDA are Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm. Occasional evening or weekend work will be necessary. On average, you will be working 40-42 hours per week.
• You will spend most of your time working from our office, there is minimal travel associated with this position.
• Your primary responsibility will be answering a high volume of inbound phone calls from clients and performing initial troubleshooting on tickets.
• You will focus on resolving tickets on the first call, but also be able to determine when issue scope requires that a ticket be escalated to a Network Administrator or other support resource.
• Other relevant job duties as assigned.
What skills do I need to be a successful SDA?
• Patience, empathy, confidence, and customer service skills. You will be working with a myriad of businesses, technologies, applications, and personalities.
• Exceptionally strong IT background with a focus on network support, implementation, and remote as well as onsite support.
• Experience with administering current Windows desktop operating systems, Windows server operating systems, Exchange, Office 365, and a variety of backup solutions, routers, firewalls, and virtual/cloud-based technologies.
• Apple OSX and iOS experience.
• Ability to work effectively within a team as well as independently.
• Understanding of managed services and the value offered over a typical break-fix environment.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) at all levels internally and externally, interpersonal, business management, time management, and developmental skills.
• Skilled at defusing high-stress situations and facilitating resolution to technical problems.
• Willingness to learn, adjust, and grow with our company.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Self-starter with a positive attitude.
What are the qualifications I need to have?
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 4+ years of relevant experience which may include Help Desk Technician, Help Desk Analyst, or Tier 2 (or similar) in a tiered environment.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills with IT and related hardware and software components (PCs, laptops, servers, firewalls, switches, routers, hard drives, Windows operating systems, etc.).
• Previous experience providing both onsite and remote/phone support in a fast paced, high volume environment.
What qualifications would really help set me apart from other applicants?
• Associate's degree or higher in Information Technology.
• Understanding of, and a background in working within the IT managed services provider business model, particularly in an IT support role.
• Experience with ConnectWise, Kaseya, or other similar MSP tools and software.
• Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure and other Cloud service offerings.
What is the physical work environment like?
• This position requires standing, walking, sitting, using hands, seeing, reaching, talking, and hearing. May need to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How often will I get formal feedback on how well I'm doing?
• Six-month performance reviews, with every second review a performance and salary review.
• Performance review goals will be established between team leader and employee.
Does this sound like something you'd be a good match for? Then let's talk! Please email your resume, along with your cover letter, telling us where you've been, where you'd like to go, how you can help us, and how we can help you get there. We look forward to hopefully meeting you!
Kun oppdragsgivere. Rekrutterere, ikke kontakt denne jobbens avsender.
ikke kontakt oss med uønskede tjenester eller tilbud.