compensation: Commensurate with experience employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Streetlights, an Entertainment Industry Non-Profit, seeks a highly motivated Job Placement Coordinator/ Instructor who can train young ethnic minorities in all the responsibilities and skills necessary to work behind-the-camera as a Production Assistant, then facilitate placements for graduates on Feature, Television and TV Commercial productions.
Our mission is to create careers for economically and socially disadvantaged young adults from L.A.'s inner cities, while creating ethnic diversity on crews working throughout the Entertainment Industry. See our website for complete information on the organization at www.streetlights.org
NOTE: This is NOT a job for actors, those still in production or those between jobs who are just looking for an interim gig.
We're looking for an individual interested in leaving behind the insane hours and hectic freelance world of the Entertainment Industry and establishing a career in a non-profit environment. It is essential to be willing to commit full-time to an organization that does incredibly important and fulfilling work.
This full-time position includes partial medical benefits and parking.
Best candidates will be those who have had experience as Commercial Production Supervisors/ Managers, Feature or TV Production Office Coordinators and 1st or 2nd Assistant Directors, but will consider others with varied on-set production experience.
Duties and Requirements:
• On a quarterly basis, will follow a specified curriculum and conduct some classes to train students on the duties of a Set, Office or Staff Production Assistant.
• Will understand the skills and personalities of all graduates and be responsible for assigning the right graduate on the right project when Production Companies request P.A.s for their jobs.
• This position must also be able to determine the readiness of our senior P.A.s for the Career Advancement program, and will facilitate placement of our Apprentices on select productions.
• On a quarterly basis, will work with the Managing Director to obtain and schedule class locations, field trips, curriculum, etc.
• Track job reviews, number of job placements and salary increases as P.A.s advance into apprenticeships.
• Conduct extensive outreach to production companies, major studios and networks to cultivate opportunities for graduates.
• Excellent computer skills necessary and knowledge of FileMaker is a plus but not an absolute necessity.
Related Administrative, Fundraising and Grants Duties:
• Assists the Streetlights staff with the planning and preparation of the annual Celebration! event.
• Assists the Executive Director and Managing Director with solicitations for the Commercial Diversity Initiative (i.e. follow up with phone calls to Advertisers/Agencies.)
• Conducts grant research, assists with grant writing and proofreads grants and proposals throughout the workday, when possible.
• Answers phones/ takes messages along with other staff, prepares shipping, mail, FedEx when needed.
• Takes lunch orders for staff, if needed
• Picks up mail from mailroom, if needed. In general, "pitches in" as do other staff members.
Must work well under pressure, have flexibility and a definite ability to multi-task. You will wear many "hats" and never be bored. This is a rewarding job for the right person in a fast-paced communal office environment.
Please include a resume and cover letter explaining your willingness to leave the world of freelance production for a full-time job. Submit with "Job Placement Coordinator/Instructor" in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers