compensation: Competitive Pay and Benefits Package!! employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Diesel Mechanic Needed!!
MATHESON one of the nation's leading bulk suppliers of liquefied gases is hiring a Full-Time Diesel Mechanic for our terminal in Vernon, CA. The diesel mechanic will perform repairs and scheduled preventative maintenance in accordance with DOT standards on both our tractors and cryogenic trailers. Other duties will include maintaining shop parts, ordering and inventory control, tire repairs/changes, light vehicle electrical and some welding.
The ideal candidate will be able to problem solve and be flexible to the ever changing environment of the Cryogenic and Transportation industries.
You will be joining a specialized company with terminals strategically located across the country.
With MATHESON, you are moving your career in the right direction!
• Competitive Pay
• Health & Dental Insurance
• 401K with company matching
• Companywide commitment to SAFETY
• Direct Deposit
• Mechanic Bonus Initiative Program
• Uniforms and Safety Boots furnished
• 2 years diesel mechanic experience / highway equipment maintenance or relevant training from a Technical School.
• DOT air brake certification and annual federal vehicle inspection certification
• Class A CDL with Hazmat/Tanker Endorsements is preferred but not required
• Must be willing to get Class A CDL with Hazmat/Tanker Endorsements
• Good knowledge of quality management systems, FDA Vol 40 and CMGP; experience in change management are a plus but not required
• Strong Knowledge of DOT and Safety Regulations
• Willingness to work outdoors in extreme conditions
• Basic computer skills along with written and oral communication skills
• Product line knowledge LIN/LOX/LAR preferred but not required
• Extremely organized and effective at time management
• High school graduate with additional training such as technical school classes.
• Prefer welding expertise with aluminum and stainless to include TIG
• Hydraulic system background preferred
• Preferred diagnostic background to include Cummins, Detroit Diesel, Eaton Transmission and International Engines
• Ability to lift 75 pounds
• Ability to bend, climb into cabs of trucks, use tools and power tools
• Ability to work extended hours as business needs dictate
• On call nights, weekends and holidays as required
• Provide own hand tools and chest with tools up to 1-1/4"