QR Code Link to This Post
Primary responsibilities are to coordinate, manage and transport inter-agency mail to and from various clinic sites.
To assist in all functions regarding client care and to provide safe transportation service as designated for Individual Transportation Plans.
To complete and maintain related Incident Reports and documentation as described for position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Transports inter-agency mail to/from sites as designated and assigned.
· Picks-up, transports and/or drop-off clients to respective programs as scheduled.
· Provides transportation service and general back-up support staff during off-site field trips and outings.
· Assists back-up driver as needed.
· Maintains vehicles and report all maintenance matters directly to the Transportation Specialist.
· Documents in daily van log client’s behaviors while riding in clinics' vehicles and submit to respective Programs.
· Maintains satisfactory attendance record in compliance with Pacific Clinics requirements.
· Reports all unusual behavior/incidents that occur on the van directly to Program Director as soon as possible.
· Provides attendant duties – including assisting clients while riding in vehicles.
· Completes and submits an Incident Report, within 24 hours, to the Director of Transportation on any unusual incident that involves a client and or staff while riding on Clinics' vehicles.
· Enforces all van rules, policies and procedures at all times.
· Maintains the Van Mileage and Maintenance Checklist sheets for all vehicles driven on a daily basis.
· Maintains all fluid levels and condition of vehicles.
· Interacts with clinical support staff and clients, providing timely communication and maintain an effective working relationship with all staff and clients
· Attends and participates in staff meetings to provide input towards Transportation Department policies, procedures and staff training.
· Interacts with other internal programs, clinical and/or support staff and external sources such as school or community personnel as applicable.
•Responsible for reporting to work on time and maintaining reliable attendance in accordance with Agency policy.
· Models Pacific Clinics’ approach, mission and core values in all communication and correspondence.
· Communicates effectively in a culturally competent and diverse consumer population and promotes favorable interaction with managers, co-workers and others.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pacific Clinics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation or veteran status.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE/POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
· Minimum three (3) years of driving experience.
· Minimum one (1) year experience with consumer population.
· Current CPR/First Aid certificate as required for Class B Drivers License.
· Basic reading/writing skills.
· Knowledge of the San Gabriel Valley and surrounding areas.
· Good communication skills.
· Current Class B or C California Drivers License.
· Must possess a valid California driver's license and maintain an insurable driving record under the Clinics' liability policy.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand or sit. The employee is required to use hands to produce records and/or documentation in manual or electronic format. The employee must possess ability to ensure significant communication with the Clinics’ community members. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally move or lift up to 25 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Community outreach and local travel is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.