Los Angeles | New York Entertainment Magazine currently seeking writers and section editors to contribute to our film, television, music, art, theater & stage, comedy, dining and/or travel sections.
We are also actively interviewing for both a potential managing editor as well as a social media editor/manager and/or marketer.
Applicants must be willing to complete a minimum of ten articles a month to be considered for a writing position, and must have flexible hours to be considered for an editorial or social media position.
· Must be able to generate smart commentary
· Strong familiarity with specific category of entertainment
· Understand how to target stories to relevant social media
· Strong work ethic and be able to meet regular submission deadlines
· Able to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple writing projects at once
· Focus, positive attitude and energetic personality
· Able to convey your observations to the public is essential
Responsibilities: (Include but are not limited to)
· Create authentic engaging stories using solid writing skills
· Working with leader of the editorial team to clarify, revise, and polish articles
· Technically savvy; able to learn and use web publishing tools
Minimum Education: BA/BS
Minimum Experience: 3-5 years
Location: Los Angeles or New York City
Applicant must send a cover letter, resume, writing samples for review and MUST LIVE IN L A OR NYC. Please specify in your application your area(s) of interest and experience.
If considered for the position applicant must provide three (3) professional references and three (3) personal references prior to a scheduled interview with the editor.
Applicants should be confident, sociable, reliable, fast-learners, quick thinkers, and a self-starter. If you have these qualities, please email to schedule an interview. We are looking forward to hearing from you!