QR Code Link to This Post
Our client, a Top Consumer Products Company, is looking for a Bilingual Proofreader with previous experience doing translations. This is a freelance, onsite role that maintains 40 hours per week in Downtown LA.
• Review, proofread and correct all English and Spanish materials and documents for spelling, typographical errors, and grammar, applying corporate style guidelines
• Use traditional proofreader's marks to indicate edits
• Make clear, concise corrections appropriate to the context and voice of the material
• Maintain updates to the North America Style Guide
• Translate English to Spanish and Spanish to English copy as needed
• Copyedit creative materials, reviewing consistency, accuracy and clarity
• English and Spanish editing and proofreading skills, using standard proofreading marks
• Familiarity with AP Style
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
• Bilingual in Spanish
• Extreme attention to detail
• Able to work under pressure with quick turnarounds and high volume of work preferred
• Minimum 3-5 years' experience proofreading English and Spanish documents
• Bachelor's degree required
• Advertising, Marketing, branding agency experience
• Experience with consumer products
If you're available and interested, please send your current resume for consideration.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.