compensation: Compensation will be discussed in the interview process and will be based on experience. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Founded in 1906, PMSM Architects provides planning and architectural services to educational, healthcare, performing arts, and municipal clients within California. We are dedicated to designing projects that enrich our communities. PMSM Architects offers a diverse and collaborative environment with passionate and innovative professionals. We invest in our staff and provide opportunities for professional and personal development.
PMSM Architects is seeking a highly motivated Associate Market Sector Leader (AMSL) to assist with furthering the reach of the Community College Market Sector.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Associate Market Sector Leader position will be grounded on promoting new business development and act as an effective liaison for the Community College market. As the AMSL, you will be working directly under the Community College Market Sector Leader and Principal-In-Charge to strategically develop and execute PMSM's Community College market sector business development plan.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains and fosters positive, professional relationship with clients, consultants, public agencies, contractors and industry sources to ensure successful completion of the project and attract future business.
2. Participate in developing and executing the market sector business development plan with the Principal-In-Charge/MSL.
3. Lead business development activities in collaboration with the Principal-In-Charge/MSL including responses to RFPs, RFQs, SOQs, and attending interviews.
4. Participates in the company's annual strategic planning session.
5. Assign projects and tasks to dedicated market sector staff and shared staff.
6. Provides monthly updates on status of new business development and outstanding fee proposals to Principal-In-Charge/MSL.
7. Responsible for the development, approval and execution of project management plans for projects within market sector.
8. Solicit and negotiate consultant's services and fees.
9. Responsible for development, approval and execution of project contracts.
10. Responsible for the financial performance within the assigned market sector.
11. Responsible for ensuring that PMSM Architects quality control standards are met on all deliverables (i.e. plans and specifications).
12. Prepare written performance reviews on dedicated market sector staff and selected shared staff.
13. Participate in performance review meetings with dedicated market sector staff and selected shared staff.
14. Participate in multiple industry gatherings.
15. Present and or lead interoffice presentations and meetings.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
1. 10+ years of experience managing higher education projects (preferred Community College).
2. Demonstrated knowledge of all disciplines.
3. Strategic understanding of local region, market segment and/or disciplines of focus.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of the value and benefit of integrated design.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of the importance and benefit of sustainable design.
6. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
7. Demonstrated ability to communicate and command respect.
8. Demonstrated ability to guide and motivate personnel.
9. Proven managerial ability to perform the responsibilities indicated.
10. Licensed professional in the jurisdiction in which he/she practices.
11. Demonstrated experience in processing public education projects through DSA, CDE, OPSC, DTSC.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers