I. Title: Vocational Training Supervisor
II. Working Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 A.M To 3:30 P.M
III. Immediate Supervisor: Workshop Manager
IV. Job Summary
In cooperation with the Workshop Manager, selects and assigns work stations for consumers to accommodate the daily production requirements. The Vocational Training Supervisor shall instruct the consumers in the most efficient production methods and encourage clients to develop suitable work attitudes and skills. The Vocational Training Supervisor shall inform and advise the Workshop Manager regarding production schedules and quality control. This person shall be responsible for all tools and equipment being used in his/her area of production, and will make timely reports (when necessary) regarding any loss or damage. Production records documenting consumers’ productivity and related information will be recorded daily and kept up to date by each Vocational Training Supervisor. Consumer motivation shall be a primary concern of this staff person as will quality assurance and effective time and motion techniques.
This person shall contribute to the preparation of progress reports on consumers and cooperate with the Workshop Manager and Rehab Counselors in handling consumer problems. The Vocational Training Supervisor is responsible to assure compliance with the goal plans and objectives for each consumer under his/her supervision.
V. Job Duties
1. Day to day supervision of subcontracting operation.
2. Assuring quality control methods.
3. Assistance in determination of equipment and material requirements.
4. Assistance in devising floor layouts and economical production methods.
5. Preparation and maintenance of work stations for assigned consumers.
6. Instruction and guidance of consumers in work skills and effective production techniques.
7. Supervising of packing of finished product.
8. Preparation of evaluation reports of consumers’ progress.
9. Document and maintain daily production records on each consumer.
10. Material and tool control. Enforcement of safety standards.
11. Establishing and maintenance of a clean, safe working environment.
12. The motivation, training and behavior modification of all assigned consumers.
13. Additional production line duties as may be required from time to time and assigned by the Workshop Manager
14. Implementation and supervision of basic time and motion principles.
15. Attendance at and participation in staff meetings.
VI. Physical Requirements
1. Must be able to bend or kneel to perform an activity such as:
• Administering first aid.
• Assisting clients.
• Wrapping production work.
2. Must have physical ability to change clients in case of an accident.
3. With assistance, must be able to transfer clients from wheelchair to toilet or chair.
4. Must be able to assist clients who have walking difficulties by allowing clients to lean on them for support.
5. Requires the ability to lift, move, and push items which may weigh up to 50 pounds.
6. Must have visual acuity to perform an activity such as:
• Operating machinery.
• Determine accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations.
• Preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading.
7. Must be able to effectively communicate with clients and staff and accurately exchange information in all situations.
8. Must be able to identify and detect safety hazards, changes in client behavior, and determine appropriate action(s) needed.
VII. Position(s) Supervised
All assigned consumers
High School graduate or its equivalent. At least two (2) years full time paid employment in regular industry. One (1) year of paid experience in a Work Activity Center or Sheltered Workshop is highly desired.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers