POSITION TITLE: Substance Use Disorder Counselor
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
PROGRAM: The Starting Point
Part-time 20 hours per week
THIS POSITION REPORTS TO: Director of Prevention and Treatment Services
Under the direct supervision of the Program Director, the Substance Abuse Counselor will:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide substance abuse intervention services to referred clients which includes, but is not limited to, assessments, case management, individual, group and family counseling services
• Develops and executes treatment plans, progress notes and other Drug Medi-Cal required documentation
• Facilitate didactic groups and program related activities as outlined in the program schedule
• Provide resource and referral information for clients and families
• Provide accurate and timely documentation of all job-related activities
• Attend assigned meetings and trainings
• Other related duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field is highly desired
• Certified in Seeking Safety is highly desired.
• Experience working in a community based agency is preferred.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus, but not required.
• Certificate in a drug/alcohol program through a California approved certified program is required
• Minimum (2) years of progressive experience in providing SUD treatment to youth and adult
• Experience with intakes, assessments, case management, case reviews and group facilitation are required in order to perform essential duties and responsibilities
• Experience with treatment planning and relapse prevention
• Valid driver’s license, current auto insurance coverage and good driving record is also required
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends, as needed
• Ability to pass background check and criminal clearance
• Ability to successfully pass a TB screening test
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made, if requested, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HYC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. EMPLOYMENT CONSIDERATION IS MADE WITHOUT REGARD TO AGE, RACE, COLOR RELIGION, GENDER, GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, MARITAL STATUS, NATION ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, MILITARY OR VETERAN STATUS, INCLUDING PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITIES OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers