Who We're Looking For:
QR Code Link to This Post
We are looking for an individual with a passion for property management who enjoys the fast pace work environment! This self- motivated individual will go above and beyond, wearing many hats! This person exhibits excellent interpersonal skills; with a strong desire to build and maintain professional relationships - while managing others. The ideal candidate exhibits excellent written and verbal communication skills with a helpful/service-based attitude. We are in search of an individual who acquires strong problem-solving abilities, synthesizing multiple opinions and recommend solutions!
• Main point of contact for residents when acting as a Manager while a more permanent Manager is selected
• Conducts inspection of vacant apartments for market-ready condition
• Perform all aspects of marketing the apartment community
• Assist in leasing apartments
• Prepare process and sign all leases and related forms
• Assist in collection of rents and handle delinquency matters
• Maintain necessary records of all financial transactions for the property
• Adhere to all appropriate BFPM accounting policies, including but not limited to use of account numbers, daily income requirements, expense requirements, accounts payable system, and other monthly items and special accounting items
• Prepare daily bank deposits. Purchase necessary office supplies in accordance with BFPM company policy
• Handle all details for move-ins and move-outs, with special attention to apartment inspection check-ins and check-outs
• Complete Deposit Accounting upon Move-Out’s
• Serve Notices and make Court Appearances when necessary
• Ensure that residents are provided with a clean, well maintained community
• Report accident and emergency situations to the Regional Property Supervisor immediately
• Ensure that all maintenance requests are handled on an immediate basis (if possible) and that all residents are notified if there must be a delay
• Resolves resident relation issues
• Assist in the implementation of company policies and procedures related to property management
• Responsible for understanding property budgets
• Responsible for maintaining the physical asset + performance of assigned properties
• Inspects properties to ensure the highest standards are maintained; evaluates maintenance, grounds, and housekeeping operations in areas of efficiency.
• Uses the established communication system to assist with communications between Property Managers, Regional Supervisors and the Corporate Office, often times taking on the role of On-Site Manager where a Manager may be absent
• Responsible for assisting in the training, development, and supervision of Property Managers
• Support role to the Regional Property Supervisor Team when assigned and when necessary, acts as primary liaison between Owner or Owner’s Representative and BFPM in the absence of a Regional Supervisor
• Supervise a property or small portfolio of multi-family properties in Los Angeles, Long Beach, Orange County and surrounding areas as assigned
• At least 2 years managing apartments (Required)
• At least 1 year managing staff (Required)
• Yardi experience (Required)
• Knowledge of California Property Management Policies and Procedures
• Understanding of apartment maintenance, property marketing, and property insurance
• Maintain strong supervisory, personnel management and organizational skills
• Ability to Communicate Clearly Verbally and in Writing
• Demonstrate a professional demeanor with strong self-confidence, initiative, and independent judgment
• Ability to build relationships and trust with various owners, managers and other staff
• Strong Communication early often, with brevity; following up
• Ability to converse in Spanish is desirable but not required
• Ability to act with a sense of urgency, empathy, and enthusiasm
• Excellent customer service skills
This Position also requires moderate travel, reliable transportation and includes assisting with special projects as needed.
• Flexibility to work remotely!
• Mileage Reimbursement
• Cell Phone/ Laptop
• Health Benefits, Vision, Dental – we cover 50% of the most economical health plan!
• Fun Annual company sponsored events!
• Job Type: Part-Time. / Wages: $18-$21 per hour