BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST/DEVELOPER (Downtown Long Beach)
compensation: Commensurate with education and experience, W-2, 1099, or C2C, must be in US without sponsorship employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST/DEVELOPER
Sierra Cybernetics is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst Developer to support our Port of Long Beach client.
The job will be remote until COVID restrictions are lifted. Then it will be onsite at the Port offices in Long Beach.
This has the potential to be a long-term assignment of a year or more and may be subject to being hired full-time by the Port after six months.
This position transforms time-critical data extracted from complex, multi-sourced locations into simpler, unified and aggregated information suitable as input for executive business reporting, presentation summary and decision-making purposes. The position will leverage the individual’s knowledge of design and development capability of Business Intelligence (BI) tools to establish data relationships, validate data integrity, and build data models and visualizations of operational, analytical, historical, and forecast information.
The candidate must convey mastery of timely data investigation and analysis concepts (identify data sources, data definitions, and business process usage and lifecycle flow of data) with time frame estimates along with the ability to collaborate with team members, and communicate with team, management, and peer stakeholders effectively and concisely to set proper expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities Will Include
1. Participate in a full solution development lifecycle including: business case, prioritization, planning, design, development, testing, migration, and production support.
2. Collaborate with users to develop effective and efficient metadata.
3. Identify reporting and dashboard requirements.
4. Assist in strategic placement of business logic within the ETL and/or metadata models.
5. Build a highly integrated enterprise data warehouse metadata or semantic models.
6. Design and build unified reports, dashboards and data extractions across multiple business units and data sources.
7. Develop and execute testing methods and processes for reports and metadata models.
8. Organize documentation to support project report requirements, business intelligence architecture, and data.
9. Provide design specifications and data lineage and definitions to the enterprise data warehouse data dictionary.
10. Apply analytic skills to understand business processes, data flows, host systems, applications and stakeholder involvement and interaction with data.
11. Identify, lead, communicate and implement improvements, workarounds and options related to data ETL to local data store/database for constructing data model and meeting dynamic output requirements and schedules while ensuring data integrity and effectiveness.
12. Creation of User Interface (UI) portal/website components to display information in static, dynamic, or interactive mode for consuming stakeholders. This may be in conjunction with SharePoint or similar technologies.
Required Knowledge and Attributes
1. Experience working effectively across organizational and functional boundaries to gather information related to data sourcing, usage or technologies
2. Analytic to understand business processes, financial calculations, capacity and demand forecasting, data flows, host systems, applications and stakeholder involvement and interaction with data.
3. Experience working with multiple data analysis, reporting tools and technologies, and BI tools like Tableau, Power BI, etc.
4. Strong skills with the Microsoft Office product suite, including Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
5. Well aware that data integrity and consistency are key to trust and adoption of produced information
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience required
2. 3+ years business intelligence development
3. 3+ Microsoft Power BI experience (SharePoint/201/2017, PBIRS/SSRS, Excel2016/2019 )
4. 3+ years of experience working with the project management lifecycle or software development lifecycle
5. 3+ years of experience working with warehousing methodologies/designs and processes (ETL, Data Modeling)
6. 3+ years of experience working with VBA programming in Excel and Access
7. Demonstrated ability to write SQL queries and use of Microsoft SQL Server 2017 database tables and connectivity
8. Experience with other BI tools such as PBIRS, SSRS, SSAS and Tableau
9. Analytic skills a must to understand business processes, financial calculations, capacity and demand forecasting, data flows, host systems, applications and stakeholder involvement and interaction with data.
10. Critical thinking a must. Problem solving skills with the ability to look for root causes and implementable, workable solutions
11. Proven ability to perform high quality technical documentation and presentations
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers