Abode Communities, a regional non-profit architectural, real estate development and property management firm, is recruiting for a maintenance technician at a brand new property by Exposition Park- Rolland Curtis Gardens.
The company manages 39 multifamily residential communities serving some 6,900 low-income people throughout Southern California. Property management staff members go above and beyond to ensure each property becomes a pillar within its community. This is accomplished through the creation of vibrant, connected spaces that support each resident’s emotional, physical and financial ability to thrive.
The Maintenance Technician works as part of a team reporting to the Property Manager to ensure that the property is maintained in the best physical condition possible and that all resident service requests are completed in a timely manner.
• Perform minor property maintenance and repairs including, but not limited to plastering, painting, plumbing (unclogging toilets and drains,) carpentry, mechanical and electrical.
• Schedule and complete resident service requests for unit repairs and general maintenance.
• Prepare properties for inspections by regulatory agencies.
• Coordinate and monitor progress of vendors or outside contractors.
• Inspect property daily and report any needed repairs to the Property Manager.
• Inspect building equipment and provide preventative maintenance services.
• Maintain the maintenance equipment supplies inventory and order as needed.
• Complete all paperwork on a daily basis or as required by Property Manager.
• Respond to after-hours and weekend maintenance emergencies.
• Minimum of three years general maintenance experience.
• Basic computer skills.
• Ability to read, write and speak English.
We offer a generous benefits package which includes:
Medical, dental, vision, life &ADD, long-term disability insurance.
Paid time off: 12 vacation days + 12 sick days + 10 paid holidays.
401k plan with a match