compensation: DOE employment type: contract telecommuting okay
QR Code Link to This Post
We are looking for an enthusiastic professional to create, edit, and modify course manuals for exam preparation training. This candidate will use his or her knowledge to modify and format existing training manuals with content updates submitted by internal subject matter experts to adhere to in-house style guides.
Duties and responsibilities
• Works proactively with Media Manager and Subject Matter Experts (SME) to develop and create course manuals to meet company requirements.
• Recommends format and design improvements where needed or requested
• Imports and formats copy into existing course manuals to in-house standards using publishing software programs.
• Proofreads training manual texts and proposed changes checking for and correcting any grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors.
• Completes all document creation and modifications accurately and within the expected timelines.
• Reviews own work carefully before submitting to editors.
• Troubleshoot and problem-solve document or file issues such as fonts, artwork, depictions, graphs, tables, table of contents, indexes, and other items and and determines best course of action.
• Utilizes specified word processing software to produce course manuals.
• Finalizes formatted documents for printing publication and electronic delivery.
• Completes all necessary steps for publishing to electronic delivery systems.
• Creates and/or adheres to existing version control and management practices/tools.
Knowledge and Skills:
• 2-4 years' experience publishing course manuals for training purposes or related fields.
• Proficient in publishing programs, specifically Microsoft Word.
• Background in finance and/or investment banking (preferred).
• Must be highly organized, proactive, and collaborative.
• Ability to work with business sensitive information.
• Ability to adapt to deadlines and changing priorities.
• Strong sense of ownership and follow through.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong project management and prioritization skills.
Education and Work Experience:
• College degree or certification in English or related field is strongly preferred.
• Proven work experience in desktop publishing. Visual design skills and experience using publishing programs is required. Must be proficient with Microsoft Word.
• Minimum two years' experience publishing learning content in a professional environment.
This is an independent contractor position for a 2-3 month assignment with the possibility to extend for ongoing company needs. This position will work remotely and will need to have a reliable laptop/desktop computer, printer, and phone.
Please respond with a cover letter discussing relevant experience, your resume, and 2-3 publishing samples.