fuel: gas title status: clean transmission: manual
QR Code Link to This Post
The long block was blueprinted and balanced by Jim Grubb Motor Sports in Valencia - 327 block
Engine was thermal cleaned, sonic mapped for .06 to test for .06 over.
crank - original forged crank reground to .02 under, told crank is good for up to 600hp,
cylinders - bored to .06 over with torque plates.
Deck was squared.
Rods - h beam eagle specialty rods, good for up to 700hp, part number CRS5700S3D
Main studs, part number 134-5402
Canton 7qt f-body road race oil pan, part number 15-244
Keith black forged aluminum pistons, part number KB792-60
Cam shaft - Comp cams f body supercharger cam for up to 15 psi, .464 lift 222/226 duration, part # 12-404-4
Timing set - comp hitech -10 timing set, part number 3100-10
Base plate - Edlebrock tpi
Runners and plenum are stock, I port matched runners to base plate.
60 lb/hr injectors
Rocker Arms - Comp cams pro magnum 1.6 ratio 7/16 studs, part number CCA-1305-16
Valve covers - Proform, part number PRO-141-131
Push rods - Manley chromoly 3/8 in, swedge end, 7.900 in length, part number MAN-25712-1
Valve retainers - Comp cams 10 degree steel valve spring retainers, part number CCA-740-16
Valve springs - Dual valve springs, 1.437 , spring pressuresat 1.9 install height 90lbs, at 1.8 125 lbs, at 1.7 158 lbs, for the cam and recommendation I got from engine builders, I installed the springs at about 1.822 to get the pressures close to 120 lbs when closed. At .500 for 1.9 install the bls is 270, at 1.8 310, at 1.7 355.
Motor Mounts - solid moroso mounts
Fly wheel - 9.2 lb , part number RAM-1510
Clutch master cylinder - wildwood ¾ in, part number WIL-260-1304
Throw out bearing - McCleod hydraulic throwout bearing, part number MCL-1364
Transmission - tremec tko500 with .68 OD, part number AWR-TCET4616
Bell housing - quick time
Clutch - centerforce dual friction, may need to be replaced, bought used, guy mentioned it slipped on the dyno when he was pushing high hp, the clutch is rated for the power of this motor with 6-7 lbs of boost.
Differential - 1991 Q45 VLSD
Axles - upgraded to 31mm axles to go with the Q45 diff. documented upgrade with the diff and axles supporting 1200hp on dragsters
Subframe bushings - solid aluminum
Drive shaft - custom 3.5 in aluminum drive shaft good to 750 hp from Inland Empire Driveline
Rear brakes have new Hawk pads installed, ebc drilled and slotted rotors, ss brakelines
fronts have 1991 Q45 two piston calipers and matching rotors.
Speedometer - Stewart Warner, part number SWW-114706
Customized fuel rails,
Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
-8 an fuel line to engine
-10 an fuel line return
Fuel pump - Aeromotive A1000
Fuel filter Aeromotive Aluminu
Water pump - EMP/Stewart stage 2, part number EMP-22103
water pulley - Canton racing
Radiaor - Koyo radiator
Fans - dual perma cool 12 in fans
PIAA P1 multifunction lamp kit
Alternator - super mini alternator, part number 358-2003
Wheels and tires - aluminum mustang replica wheels 17x9 f and 17x10.5 r with kumho ecsta 255/40 f and 285/40
Solid aluminum bushing on steering column
All bushings were replaced with energy suspension bushings
Shocks - KYB GR2 gas shocks
Springs - RS*R race springs
Sway bars - tanabe sustec chromoly sway bars.
B-Magic Wide Body Kit
Wiring harness for the ECM was pulled from a 1987 trans am, the ECM is from a 1991 so that it can pass the inspection to get street legal, there are a few wires that needed to be wired in the connectors to make this work, documented well on thirdgen.org for reference. The ECM has a Moates.net chip adapter and is running a modified bin, the computer I left with you has the bin itself on there with the tuning software (TunerProRT) and the maps/bins used. Distributor is set to 12 degrees and any change to that needs to be adjusted in the bin as well.
The Moates.net APU1 autoprom I left in the car can be used to connect the ECU to the computer to tune, do emulation and realtime adjustments, also can flash and burn new chips.
The parking break cables need to be replaced and shielded for heat from the exhaust. The outside protective layer got melted and made them not work properly, I disconnected them so the wheels would turn and they are tucked in to control arms so I could move the car, probably not safe to drive till these are replaced reattached.
Also has Dart Pro Aluminum 200cc heads that were customized to have 74cc chambers to reduce compression for a turbo/supercharger setup.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers