compensation: Depending on Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Future Engineers is hiring a maker/software engineer to help develop new student technology competitions with NASA. Your responsibilities will include:
• Developing prototypes and selecting hardware components intended for use in microgravity, the stratosphere, and/or suborbital environments (with particular emphasis on remote sensing and electro-mechanical solutions).
• Advising on use of microcontroller and single-board computer technologies such as Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Micro:Bit, etc.
• Understanding trade-offs of using various sensors and other electronics components in an enclosed environment, including heat, power consumption, and software ramifications.
• Evaluating trade-offs of various project housings and material types, including metal and 3D printed (PLA, PETG, ABS) solutions.
• Assisting with maker/engineering/coding curriculum development and educator workshops, intended for students in grades 6-12.
• Providing mentorship and guidance to student teams via scheduled monthly meetings and open office hours.
• Communicating with remote partners: NASA representatives, competition partners, educators, and student teams.
• Assisting with virtual events aimed at educating, promoting, and celebrating student engineering success.
• Supporting company web-based development efforts to connect online student challenges with classes, schools, districts, and judges.
• Speaking confidently about trends in STEM education, technology, and space exploration.
• Working efficiently in a remote work environment, collaborating via Slack and other remote tools as well as working independently when required.
Education/Experience Level: Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in a relevant field of engineering, or comparable demonstrable work experience.
Location: Future Engineers is a Burbank, CA based company, but we support a remote working environment.
About Future Engineers:
Future Engineers (www.futureengineers.org) is a technology-focused organization specializing in student contests and challenges. Our online challenges serve a national audience and have led to historic achievements – from naming NASA’s Perseverance rover to manufacturing the first student-designed 3D print in space.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers