Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create, improve and maintain BOMs, travelers, work instructions, and assembly procedures, for customer contracts.
• Create, improve and maintain detailed manufacturing processes for complex assemblies, to successfully transition customer requirements to production documentation.
• Prepare required drawings in SOLID WORKS and or AUTO-CAD to support production.
• Prepare and incorporate Engineering Change Notices.
• Design, troubleshoot, analyze design problems, and develop new tooling for manufacturing and inspection.
• Support manufacturing floor for production and R&D prototype assemblies.
• Review production equipment, tools/fixtures and assembly lines to ensure proper and safe operation and minimize and/or eliminate down time.
• Work on continuous improvement /special projects to improve efficiency for building of assemblies.
• Assist in development of specifications, test plans, etc. related to product development activities.
• Work with production personnel to streamline production and ensure compliance to customer requirements.
• Write clear problem reports and investigate to obtain root cause and corrective action of electrical/RF nonconformance's
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in aerospace engineering.
• Interpret concept parts and assemblies from CAD designs, hand drawings and sketches for prototype and production manufacturing methods.
• Be able to read and interpret customer drawings, specifications, wire schematics.
• 2-3 years experience with SOLID WORKS / AUTO-CAD design software.
• Proficient with Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Strong background in managing and planning multiple projects simultaneously within given deadlines
• Ability and flexibility to perform under pressure in a dynamic environment.
• Able to work overtime to complete priority due dates.
• Be proficient in verbal and written communication in English. Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
• MUST be able to prove eligibility to work in the United States at the time of an interview with either a U.S. Passport, U.S. birth certificate or permanent residency "green card".
• Industrial/Mechanical or Electrical AA degree min. or equivalent experience.
• Design and Manufacturing experience with MOLDED cable assemblies, wire harnesses, cable assemblies, and electrical connectors and wired enclosures preferred.
• Experience with electronic assembly desirable.
• Familiar with precision measurement equipment.
• Familiarity with industry standards such as IPC-620, IPC-610, J-STD-001, AS9100.
Desired RF Qualifications:
• 3-5 years' experience with design and testing of coaxial assemblies.
• Experience with microwave measurement equipment such as vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, arbitrary waveform generators, oscilloscopes, and signal analyzers.
• Develop and document Coaxial Cable designs to implement RF test process
• Automate test stations for RF Test Technician in order to control products and execute the RF test process
• Understand repeatability of the measurement systems for each of the RF requirements
• Support internal Quality Test Technicians in improvements to the test process
• Ability to perform tasks with minimum supervision.(self-starter) hands on, direct and clear communicator, genuine, confident, Good interpersonal skills are a necessity.
• Bring a POSITIVE ATTITUDE and commitment to QUALITY to work. Be a team player and help others whenever possible.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. NO RELOCATION PROVIDED.
Pay is DOE. DCX-CHOL is an equal opportunity employer.
Only candidates with a minimum of 3 years of experience as Process Engineering in Aerospace Industry. Resumes must detail candidate's experience and how their skills apply to our business
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers