Staff Relations Intern – Investigations Support (Paid Internship)
QR Code Link to This Post
You may know us as a company with great food…You may also know us from being named to the FORTUNE Magazine “100 Best Companies to Work For®” list…What you may not know is how much fun Cheesecake Internships are!
As a Cheesecake Staff Relations Intern you will play an integral part in supporting our Staff Relations department by assisting with ongoing projects and responsibilities that relate to your future career. You’ll have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of how a Staff Relations department functions by interacting with the entire team as well as cross functionally with other departments.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Staff Relations you will work with a Staff Relations team of 12, located in Calabasas Hills, CA, supporting the Human Resource function for a global $2.3 billion publicly traded company with over 200 full service restaurants and more than 39,000 staff members.
Here's more of what you'll get to do:
You'll thrive in this internship if you are:
- Learn about how to handle staff concerns in the restaurants.
- Understand and participate in the company’s investigation process.
- Support and learn about the importance of Employee Engagement.
- Participate in coaching and counseling sessions with restaurant managers and staff.
- A strong communicator: You’re capable of articulating a message in a clear, concise, and conversational manner.
- Service minded: You’re a people person who effortlessly provides exceptional support whether it’s over the phone or in person.
- A team player: You love collaboration and always show respect for the views and contributions of others.
- A creative problem-solver: You have an uncanny ability to think outside-the-box, using the resources at hand to effortlessly get to the bottom of an issue.
What we Require:
What we prefer:
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution.
- Completed a minimum 2 years in post-secondary education.
- Majoring in Human Resources or related field.
- Available to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Ability to create effective communications.
- Good organization skills.
About Us: Recognized as one of the FORTUNE "100 Best Companies to Work For", The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Internationally, sixteen The Cheesecake Factory® restaurants operate under licensing agreements. Continuing on our path to becoming a Global Iconic Brand, we employ more than 35,000 staff members, 320 of whom work at the corporate support center in Calabasas Hills, CA. #SoCheesecake #LifeAtCheesecake
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations.