compensation: Based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Primary Position Objective:
Under general supervision, DRAFTS routine legal documents, and HANDLES multiple legal tasks to support the attorneys.
1. DRAFTS, REVIEWS, and REVISES routine legal documents, which may include responses to discovery requests (including coordinating completion and signature by client) and routine discovery motions.
2. May SUBPOENA medical records and FOLLOW UP on the receipt of same and SEND records to Independent Medical Examination doctors.
3. May FOLLOW UP on the receipt of discovery responses.
4. MAINTAINS relationships with attorneys, outside departments, courts, clients and third parties.
5. ADHERES to the GEICO Code of Conduct, the GEICO Claims Code of Conduct, company policies and operating principles.
6. MEETS attendance standard at business location to perform necessary job functions and to facilitate interaction with management and co-workers.
7. MEETS the requirements specified below.
- Must be able to, with or without accommodation, perform the essential functions which include, but are not limited to seeing, hearing, typing and speaking.
- Work activities involve combinations of sitting, walking, kneeling, climbing, pulling, bending, lifting, carrying and standing for extended periods.
- Must be able to follow complex instructions, resolve conflicts or facilitate conflict resolution, and have strong organization/priority setting skills.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to learn and apply large amounts of technical and procedural information.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Based on jurisdiction, may need to obtain and maintain a notary license.
- Must have the ability to type at least 50 words per minute.
- Must hold a Paralegal Certificate.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
•401(k) and profit-sharing plans
•Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
•Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
•Associate assistance program
•Flexible spending accounts
•Business casual dress
•Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
•Associate clubs and sports teams
•GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
For candidates in the San Francisco or Los Angeles area:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
GEICO will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652