compensation: TBD potentional for $5k increase every six months employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Mandarich Law Group, LLP is a Creditor’s Right law firm located in Chatsworth. We are seeking an Associate Attorney with 0-3 years experience to join our growing firm. As an associate attorney you will be immediately immersed in our litigation process from suit initiation up through and including conducting trial. You will be responsible for your own workload, and maintaining case files currently in progress. Furthermore you are responsible for negotiating with defendants and attorneys while at court, phone, e-mail, and regular mail to settle contested cases. You will also draft and file motions as well as responses to motions from defendants and participate in the discovery process where applicable.
• Litigation Motions and Responses – Associate may be required to draft, review, and file any necessary motions during the course of litigation.
• Trials and Arbitrations – Associate may be required to prepare for trials/arbitrations as necessary for the firm.
• Communications with Attorneys, Employers, and Consumers – Associate is required to communicate with consumers, consumer’s employers, and consumer’s attorneys as necessary to resolve accounts/suits.
• Court Appearances – Associate is required to prepare, appear timely, and properly handle court appearances in Los Angeles County, and any other counties that are reasonably within travel distance where applicable. It is your responsibility to ensure you are able to timely and reliably appear on time at the given courthouse. You may need to travel overnight for certain locations, driving a car is required for some locations.
• Court Coverage Placements – Associate is required to review and appropriately request coverage where necessary for all court calls where an Associate will not appear including the attachment of all necessary documents for the attorney’s appearance as well as any orders necessary for the requested coverage results.
• Review Lawsuits – Associate is required to review all new and ongoing legal pleadings and documents to ensure accuracy for filing with respective courts.
Licensed in the State of California to practice law. Additional licensing in other states (MO, IA, NE, ID, CA, WA, OR, AK, HI, NV) is welcomed.
Comfortable appearing in court and the ability to appear on time consistently using your own method of transportation.
Travel may be required, the firm reimburses in accordance with IRS published mileage rates, and other firm approved travel expenses will be reimbursed the subsequent pay period following submittal for reimbursement.
Multi-tasking and strong verbal and written communication skills are mandatory for a high volume case load.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstance change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, or technological developments.
“We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment”.
As an equal opportunity employer, Mandarich Law Group LLP, will give your application full consideration without regard to your race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, religion, status with request to public assistance, or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable law.
We also comply with California law, which prohibits discrimination and harassment against employees, applicants for employment, individuals providing services in the workplace pursuant to a contract, unpaid interns and volunteers based on their actual or perceived: race, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices) , color, national origin (including language use restrictions), ancestry, physical or mental disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding/lactation and related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and expression, or transgender status), age (40 and over), sexual orientation, a request for FMLA/CFRA and/or pregnancy disability leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status and any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law. Discrimination and harassment are also prohibited based on the applicant’s/employee’s association with individuals who are in a protected category, or because the applicant/employee sympathizes with, encourages or participates in groups organized for the protection or assertion of protected rights under state non-discrimination laws.
The Company will not discriminate or retaliate against an employee who requests a reasonable accommodation for a disability or religion, regardless of whether the request was granted.
For purposes of this policy, discrimination on the basis of "national origin" also includes discrimination against an individual because that person holds or presents the California driver's license issued to those who cannot document their lawful presence in the United States. An employee's or applicant for employment's immigration status will not be considered for any employment purpose except as necessary to comply with federal, state or local law. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination and harassment by any employee, including supervisors and co-workers. All employees should be aware that sexual harassment can occur even where it is not motivated by sexual desire.
Interested applicants please complete the employment application and upload your resume.