QR Code Link to This Post
Associated Foreign Exchange (AFEX) is the market leader in the field of worldwide payment services for companies, individuals and institutions conducting business internationally.
AFEX has been providing its diverse client base with exceptional exchange rates and premium service since 1979. With more than 30 years of market experience, AFEX brings reliability and stability to both corporate and private clients.
With a client base that includes universities, financial institutions, importers, small businesses and multi-national corporations, AFEX recognizes that different clients can have very distinct objectives and expectations when moving money internationally, and we take pride in tailoring our services to meet those specific requirements.
The Regulatory Affairs Associate will work under minimum supervision and demonstrate the ability to monitor, research, analyze, and address all essential compliance activities for AFEX’s internal and external relationships and exercise good judgment in identifying issues and, more importantly, driving resolution. In accordance with departmental and corporate procedures as well as applicable regulations, the Regulatory Affairs Associate will take proactive measures to prevent financial penalties as well as mitigate reputational risk through any of the following: (1) monitoring existing and/or proposed applicable laws and regulation; (2) staying abreast of various internal initiatives and potential changes to operations; and (3) properly reporting and categorizing irregular activity.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience (minimum). JD from an accredited law school (preferred).
• 1-5 years of previous work or educational experience with legislation and regulation governing financial institutions, money transmitters, or money services businesses.
• Advanced research and writing skills.
• Strong attention to detail
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, with demonstrated ability to create formulas, utilize PivotTables and lookups, and efficiently present data.
• Self-starter and master of time management, consistently sustaining high levels of productivity and quality in a fast paced high volume environment.
• Demonstrate sound judgment and decision making in the context of regulatory requirements, company policies, and industry best practices.
• Strong organization and prioritization skills with the ability to quickly react to ever changing business needs.
• Operate in a high stress regulatory environment, with constantly changing expectations and close regulatory and audit scrutiny.
AFEX is committed to offer equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to their race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or military or veteran status. AFEX complies with all applicable laws governing discrimination and harassment in employment in every location and jurisdiction in which the Company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training.”