Busy Southern California insurance defense firm is looking for a motivated, self-sufficient, experienced and capable litigation legal secretary/legal assistant with at least 1 year of litigation experience in personal injury, construction defect, and products liability. Someone who is able to work with minimal guidance would be a good fit for this role. Successful candidates for this role are professional and courteous with a positive can-do attitude.
QR Code Link to This Post
* 1 year of civil litigation/trial preparation experience
* Strong secretarial & computer skills
* Knowledge of State and Federal Civil Procedure and Court Rules
* Experience with State and Federal filings (including e-filing)
* Experience in filing motions, including but not limited to, ex parte applications, motions for summary judgment and other motions as needed
* Strong skills editing and finalizing litigation documents for filing and service
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Time Matters, Outlook
* Ability to meet deadlines and deliver high quality work product
* Proficiency with ordering medical records and other forms of records/subpoenas from different vendors
* Drafting deposition notices and subpoenas for personal appearances for parties, witnesses and treating doctors
* Experience corresponding with experts and providing them with case materials as needed
* Strong skills re: creating shells for pleadings and discovery, drafting of discovery, formatting pleadings
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work effectively without constant direction in a fast-paced work environment
* Ability to work well with others in a team environment is essential
* General administrative duties, such as answering phones, and managing the attorney's schedules may also be sometimes needed.
Candidates who do not have experience in the legal field will not be considered.