Hi, I love teaching swimming. You will find me to be a compassionate, patient, and encouraging swim coach.
Rather than going to the YMCA and have a highschooler with very little experience, fumbling with your lesson,
why not hire someone who has 25 years experience as a competetive swimmer, swim coach, and private instructor?
Teaching well has been a calling, and lifelong passion.
Having never learned to swim as a child, it was easy to avoid pools as an adult. For someone over 60, learning to swim seemed intimidating. Sometimes you can teach old dogs new tricks and Karl was an absolutely excellent instructor who was able to adjust to my needs and make me feel comfortable in the water. His patience and teaching style made learning easy for this difficult student and gave me the confidence I needed to finally use my home pool on my own.
Karl Steudel, an experienced, sensative and encouraging Red Cross Certified Swimming Instructor.
He is available for private or small group Swim lessons, ages 4 - adult.
- Specializing in New Adult swimmers, or those afraid of the water.
- Multiple references from Red Cross Certified staff are available.
- Karl holds American Red Cross Certifications as Life Guard, Water Safety Instructor, and CPR for the professional rescuer.
- Heading out to a camp or beach this summer?
- Do you want to a couple tune-ups to get your family's swimming up to speed?
- Are you a triathlete wanting to improve the ease and efficiency of your swim stroke?
- - For beginners or those afraid of the water - -
For many years, I have worked patiently and supportively with adults and children who are afraid of the water.
There are many fun, gradual methods to improve your confidence, to easily acclimate to swimming for your safety and enjoyment.
- - For Competetive Swimmers and Triathletes looking to refine their strokes - -
I have coached competitive swimming for 5 years for those who want to refine their strokes for greater efficiency, comfort and speed.
- - For Family safety and confidence in the water - -
I can work with your child to cover a few basic safety awareness, and confidence builders.
These include, proper steps, calling 911, basic rescues, etc.
Karl's Personal Experience/Background
- competitive swimmer, ages 5 - 21, and college Div 3.
- Head Swim Team Coach 3 years, Longfellow Club, Wayland, MA
- Group Lesson Instructor 5 years
- Private Lessons Instructor 5 years from ages 3 - adult
978-386-5644 text or call
(9am - 6pm only please)
swimming, swim coach, lessons, freestyle, front crawl, flip turn, red cross
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers