compensation: DOE employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Life Skills Training and Educational Programs, Inc. ("LifeSTEPS") is a 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Public Benefit Charitable Corporation serving those in need with affordable housing and supportive services. LifeSTEPS offers life skills training, educational resources and supportive services to adults, seniors and families. It is the LifeSTEPS Mission to provide effective educational and supportive services to maximize the strengths of individuals and build resilient communities.
Job Title: Regional Director of Social Services
This is a full-time, FLSA exempt position located in the North Los Angeles Valley, CA area (home office located within the North LA Valley preferred). We offer competitive pay based on skills and experience, and we provide an attractive benefits package including paid time off; paid holidays; medical, dental, vision, life insurance; a suite of voluntary insurance options; and a 401(k) plan.
The Regional Director of Social Services (RDSS), under the direct supervision of the Director of Operations, is expected to customarily and regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment when designing, implementing, and overseeing social service activities within assigned affordable housing complexes. The RDSS is a leader who inspires services and programs that empower residents, break the cycle of poverty, and assist seniors to age in place.
Education and/or Experience: The minimum qualifications and training for this position are:
• Master's degree in social work and clinical work experience highly desired.
• Bachelor's degree in social work or related field.
• Four (4) years of experience in a similar environment providing social services.
• Two (2) years of experience in a supervisory role.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for the degree.
Essential Job Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Ensure that community programs and case management are developed at all sites within the assigned region.
• Assume responsibility for development and administration of standards and procedures related to personnel, staff development, budget, reimbursement requests and timecards.
• Foster partnerships with Developers and management companies while ensuring the delivery of quality services according to our contractual agreements and the overall health of the residents.
• Establish and maintain relationships with other agencies and organizations in the community toward meeting community needs and enhancing our services.
• Identify, report, and resolve any service shortages or other compliance issues. Report issues to the Director of Program Development and Quality Control and Director of Operations upon discovery.
• Monitor labor and program compliance to ensure contract requirements are met.
• Follow the organizational blueprint for assigned region. The blueprint is used as a guide for performance and as a tracking mechanism to monitor the attainment of regional outcomes and goals.
• Prepare, distribute, and maintain a variety of reports.
• Review content of database entries, monthly service reports, any required certifications from housing authorities, and any other required reports; ensure reports are accurate and submitted by applicable due dates.
• Oversee onsite programs and conduct a minimum of three onsite property visits per year to ensure agency meets standards and procedures criteria.
• Ensure onsite community programs are designed at each property to reflect targeted areas identified in completed resident needs assessments.
• Manage various onsite Food Bank Programs.
• Submit regional impact (success) stories and requests for activity pictures each month as assigned.
• Collaborate with various program leaders to ensure the success of specialized programs outside of the Operations Department.
• Manage and cultivate in-kind donations and partnerships for the region; coordinate the distribution of donations.
• Supervisory responsibilities:
o Manage one or more subordinate supervisors who provide supervision to two or more employees in an assigned region.
o Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of assigned region.
o Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, applicable laws, specified grant requirements, and specified contract/program requirements. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, forecasting and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; cover duties of subordinate to ensure continuity and delivery of services to residents; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining subordinates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
o Oversee required staff trainings.
• Procure and organize information for required internal reports as well as partner reports.
• Conduct regional meetings on a bimonthly and regularly scheduled basis.
• Conduct training calls with staff within the assigned region.
• May need to work some evenings and weekends in order to attend events or address situations of crisis.
• Regional travel and occasional overnight travel may be necessary.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; walk on uneven terrain; bend; sit; use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls; lift; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and move about the facilities within the communities served by LifeSTEPS- both indoors and outdoors. Vision and hearing must be sufficient to perform job functions safely including visual acuity to perform activities such as data entry, preparing reports, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, and visual inspection of one’s own work product at varying distances. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee occasionally works in outdoor weather conditions, at resident properties, and special events.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter in PDF format via Craigslist. Reference open position: # 2019-026
Life Skills Training and Educational Programs, Inc. – LifeSTEPS is an equal opportunity employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers