New Horizons is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals with special needs reach their potential and fulfill their dreams. We are currently seeking to hire Instructors for our Community Day Program.
QR Code Link to This Post
*This position is Monday - Friday 9:30am - 4:30pm.
SUMMARY: The Community Support Instructor (CSI) provides instruction, coaching, assistance, support, and advocacy to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities that are transitioning from the Work Services program into volunteer settings and inclusive community activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Orients the consumer to the work setting which may include but is not limited to: Thrift stores, animal rescues, maintenance, food preparation, and other nonprofits.
• Trains the consumer to complete their assigned job duties.
• Teaches the consumer appropriate work place behavior and attitudes.
• Assists the consumer in developing appropriate and positive relationships with co-workers.
• Provides appropriate moral support and encouragement, instruction, coaching, counseling, mentoring, and advocacy as needed for the person to succeed in their job.
• Participates in the consumer's IPP meeting as the Team Lead
• Provides travel training to and from community settings, including use of public transportation.
• Transporting consumers to and from community settings using agency's 8-passenger van.
• Accomplishing site objectives on daily basis.
• Reviews the consumers' performance with each consumer on an on-going basis and works with each consumer on targeted areas needing improvement.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Experience with special needs / developmental disabilities (preferred)
• Driving required. Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must have valid California Driver License and driving record acceptable to our insurance carrier
• Legally driving for at least 3 years in the United States.
• Must successfully pass all pre-employment requirements, including background check, drug screening and
Benefits - you may be eligible for Medical benefits and more!
New Horizons offers a supportive, team environment. And, TOGETHER WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!
Check us out! https:https://youtu.be/mrzQo4h3jUM
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE: https://newhorizons-sfv.org/employment/application/
Please note: Due to the large number of applications we receive, we will only contact applicants who are selected for an interview.