compensation: $15 - $18 an hour employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are a family owned but professionally run large multi-family company with over 1200 units in SoCal.
- We are looking to hire handymen to do basic maintenance work for apartment building
- Company has a portfolio of 25 buildings in the San Fernando Valley and we have an existing team of 7 maintenance techs and looking to add 2 more due to increased acquisitions of new buildings by the company
- The ideal candidate will be experienced at fixing minor work orders like patching holes, dry walls, painting and mainly plumbing
- Knowledge of electrical issues is a plus but not required. Plumbing is our most common problem and so should have some experience in fixing leaks and unclogging sinks, tubs and toilets
- Should be pro-active, clean and respectful to managers and tenants
- Clean background and must have work vehicle with active license and insurance
- Having tools is a plus but not required
- Every week, we have 1 handyman assigned for emergencies where anything that happens after 5pm mon-fri and on weekends which is an emergency will be the responsibility of that person. Since we will have 7-8 workers, every worker will get their week once every 7-8 weeks
- Will have opportunity to be promoted to maintenance supervisor in 12-24 months once you show us what you can do
- We have 40 hours of work for you every week plus overtime is paid time and half. It depends on you if you are productive enough to get more hours
- Compensation will be $15-18 depending on experience and so please do not apply if you need to make more than that
About the company - We grew from 300 units in 2012 to 900 units by end of 2014 and are over 1200 units currently. We are still growing and our target for 2019 is to have 1500 apartments in SoCal and so the opportunities in this company are endless. Due to this aggressive growth we are looking for multiple handymen in the San Fernando Valley area. Since this is a family owned company, we really take care of our employees and are looking to hire someone who will be here long term and are willing to help and work with everyone to move them up and train them to be very successful.
Please email us your detailed resume and work experience and we will contact you shortly. Make sure to mention your expected compensation. Thank You for considering this opportunity.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers