compensation: $55,000 per year or Higher depending on experience/Certifications (+ Medical/Dental Insur. + Bonuses + 401K) employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Tier 1 Windows Help Desk Technician (LA, Ventura Counties)
So Cal Managed Services Provider is seeking a Help Desk Technician immediately for Onsite and Remote Support of its clients' IT Systems. Primary role will be performed onsite at Client locations interacting with users personally and directly often. Integrity, Positive attitude and friendly personality traits are as important as technical skills.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to Client's Users
- Respond to all user requests in a professional, timely, and intelligent manner. In most cases, Service Ticket requests will be submitted formally through email, portal, or user calling into general Help Desk line. Other times, users will approach
technician personally, and you will have to create the ticket yourself to work.
- Work effectively within Employer's Systems and Tools
- Respond to hardware, software and network-related issues assigned to you
- Install, configure, test, verify, and maintain relevant aspects of client environment both locally and remotely. Primary area of focus is desktop-related support.
- Document all work clearly and exhaustively.
- Perform post-resolution follow-up on all requests and issues reported to ensure expectations met or exceeded and user is happy.
- Prioritize work and maintain sensible schedule. When necessary escalate to Senior Engineering Staff
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of IT, Supervisor of IT, and/or Primary Administrator on Customer Account
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to adhere to required regulatory and security standards
- Work responsibly and discretely with sensitive/classified information
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with Information Technology issues
- **Proficient with standard support of Windows Server 2008R2, 2012 R2, 2016**
- **Proficient with Microsoft "Active Directory" Administration & Support**
- Comfortable Managing/Supporting Microsoft Office 365
- Solid technical understanding and desktop support experience in Microsoft Windows (Windows 7 - Windows 10)
- Firm knowledge of network topologies and hardware, as well as network implementation and design
- Experience supporting third party applications
- Experience with various anti-virus and network backup solutions
- Familiarity with Microsoft Exchange, DNS, TCP/IP networking and routing
- Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical circumstances to non-technical end-users effectively
- Ability to operate in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Exceptional customer service
- Ability to think critically, excellent reasoning and troubleshooting skills
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance
- A+ or MCP Certifications Preferred
- Experience Managing/Supporting Azure, AWS Cloud solutions
- Hyper-V, VM Ware, Exchange, IP Phone Deployment
- Understanding basic Firewall, LAN switching and VoIP technologies
- Industry certifications: Microsoft, Cisco, Dell, HP, VMware
- Experience with Helpdesk ticketing software and RMM Tools
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities