Are you interested in a career where you help people and make a difference every day? If so, this may be the job for you. Founded in 1987, Life Alert is a top leader in the emergency response industry and expanding due to the ever-growing senior market. We save lives by providing a unique technology and service that enables people to live at home with independence and comfort, living their lives the way they want to, with a feeling of safety and peace of mind. Life Alert emergency dispatchers handle over 5 million calls a year, and on average save a life from a catastrophic outcome every 11 minutes. If you like helping people and are looking for a rewarding long-term career, Life Alert is the company for you.
Life Alert Emergency Response is currently seeking Emergency Dispatchers for our Encino, California central station.
$16 - $19 / Hour (depending on work history and experience)
AVAILABLE SHIFTS (working ALL Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays is mandatory)
Swing Shift (3:00pm - 11:30pm)
* Answer incoming emergency and non-emergency calls; route calls to medical emergency services and 3rd parties.
* Obtain medical emergency information by ascertaining the nature of the problem, calm the caller, and remain on the line until help arrives.
* Obtain fire emergency information by ascertaining the nature and extent of the fire.
* Obtain police emergency information by assessing the nature of incident and determining if other emergency services are required.
* Maintain quality results by following and enforcing standards and emergency protocols.
* Resolve incoming calls by following standard operating procedures; obtain pertinent information; make connections to appropriate department.
* Document actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
* General data entry; includes setting up new customer accounts, entering contact information and medical history, and other pertinent information
* 1 year experience in a fast-paced, telephone-heavy customer service environment
* Subject to Pre-Employment Drug Screening
* Subject to Background check and fingerprinting
* High School diploma or equivalent; College degree is a plus
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Minimum typing speed of 40 WPM
* Punctuality, organizational skills, and ability to prioritize and multi-task
* Work well under pressure and stressful situations; exhibit emotional control
* Intermediate skills in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook; Internet savvy
* Prior dispatching experience is a plus
* Medical, Dental and Vision insurance available
* Vacation, Personal, Sick and Holiday pay
* Secure Class A office building
INTERESTED APPLICANTS ARE INVITED TO SUBMIT A RESUME AND COVER LETTER FOR CONSIDERATION.
IN YOUR EMAIL RESPONSE, PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH SHIFT YOU ARE INTERESTED IN WORKING
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers