Mid-sized Thousand Oaks financial services company seeks bright and articulate person with strong negotiations skills.
The ideal candidate will possess and demonstrate the following:
• Ability to handle high call volume
• Ability to adhere to all state, federal, regulatory and client guidelines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must
• Minimum of 1 year collections, telemarketing, sales, or call-center experience preferred.
• Previous skip-tracing and/or research experience a plus.
Duties of a collector include, but are not limited to:
• Utilize collection demand scripts;
• Adapt scripts to collection calls in order to respond effectively to debtor disputes and /or challenges;
• Research accounts with state and federal regulatory bodies to verify the debtor entity;
• Review collection accounts and determine best method(s) for locating debtors;
• Determine and verify debtors' whereabouts, employment, earnings, liabilities, assets, and ability to pay via skip tracing and other activities;
• Handle an inventory of a minimum of 200 accounts while consistently achieving monthly collection goals;
• Ability to prioritize and stay current on all accounts assigned;
• Use collection program(s) to monitor accounts for collection activity, including scheduled payments;
• Input concise notes of all collection activity into the appropriate collection system;
• Investigate, evaluate, and analyze financial statements, credit reports, employment status, and/or assets in order to determine the debtor's ability to pay;
• Negotiate and maintain payment arrangements based on evaluation of the debtor's financial position;
• Negotiate payment in full and/or settlement of the account based on evaluation of the debtor's financial position;
• Collect and archive information received from debtors;
• Adhere to assigned work schedule and hours;
• Attend and participate in all training classes and or meetings requested by management.
• Bilingual preferred: Spanish.
Benefits include competitive wages, 401k, health, dental, vision, paid vacation, holiday, and sick pay
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers