compensation: $70,000 - $85,000 commensurate with skill level and experience. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are a Managed Service Provider providing IT services to LA based clients with presence nationwide.
We are currently looking for a 2nd Level Technician. The level 2 technician is responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of the internal systems, including customer-facing hosted and cloud environments, as well as providing technical assistance to team members with escalation requests.
- IT Support relating to issues with the internal systems and network infrastructure.
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server and Desktop OS
- Support services for VMware virtualization, especially vSphere (ESXi) and vCenter.
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers,
firewalls, and security.
- Support disaster recovery using Veeam or StorageCraft Shadow Protect.
- Remote access support with FortiClient SSLVPN.
- Monitor the ConnectWise Automate alerts and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- Administer ConnectWise Automate system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts,
monitor dashboard, and periodic system review with senior system engineer.
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure in IT Glue
and ConnectWise Manage.
- Communication with clients as required: keeping them informed of incident progress,
notifying them of impending changes, or agreed outages.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels to senior system engineer.
- Business awareness: willingness to attain knowledge of clients and how IT relates to their business strategy and
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for entering time in ticketing system as they occur.
- Work through project tickets and phases in ConnectWise as assigned by project manager.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging
in the industry.
Required experience and abilities:
- 2 years’ experience with VMware ESXior similar hypervisor
- 2 years’ experience with Office365
- Strong knowledge of Windows ecosystem (Vista/7/8/10/ and Server 2008R2/2012/2012R2/2016)
- Setup and troubleshooting of networks including DHCP, DNS, IP/subnets, VLAN and routing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues and investigate independently.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
Ideal Candidate Experience and Abilities:
- Certifications such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Fortinet NSE, ConnectWise CCPA, LabTech LTCP, = - Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
- Experience with ConnectWise Manage PSA
- Experience with ConnectWise Automate RMM
- Experience with Linux/Unix based environments
- Experience with macOS
- Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in network and system administration
- BA/BS in IT related field preferred but not required.
- Certifications preferred but not required.
Paid Vacation and Sick Days
Compensation $70,000 - $85,000 commensurate with skill level and experience.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers