compensation: Salary depends on experience. Please send your CV with salary expectations. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
When it comes to robotic camera technology and tracking products for film, broadcast and VR, UK based Mo-Sys Engineering is the ‘go-to’ source for high-end filmmakers and broadcasters all over the world.
We make and supply robotic camera systems and tracking technology for clients like ABC, The Weather Channel, Fox, ESPN, Sky, Red Bull, to name a few. We have contributed to the production of many box office blockbusters and award-winning films and TV series such as The Life of Pi, Gravity, Shape of Water, Stranger Things.
Our top end clients demand best-in-class service. As we continue to expand, we are looking for a Customer Support Engineer based in Los Angeles. You will be a technically savvy, customer-centric problem solver, who is able to work independently. The role will suit someone who enjoys travelling and who is eager to deliver solutions to our high-end clients. The role involves travelling to far-reaching cities for up to 50% of the time. When not travelling, the selected candidate will work out of the studio of one of our partners in North Hollywood and will report to the V.P. of Business Development for the Americas based in Atlanta.
Key responsibilities include
• Installation and training of our camera tracking systems both remotely and onsite.
• Providing exemplary customer service, whilst managing the client’s expectations.
• Providing frontline diagnostics for mechanical, electronics and software issues of our products onsite, in broadcast studios, as well as over the web.
• Providing fast, on-target and helpful solutions to our clients.
• Contribute to the evolution of processes and systems to improve efficiency, training and the overall client experience.
• Setting up and conducting product demonstrations.
• You will be technically savvy, whether you have gained a relevant qualification or simply love finding solutions to your own technical endeavours.
• You will have restless energy, enjoy working at a fast pace, and have a passion for delivering high-quality customer service.
• Ideally, you will be the kind of person whom your pals call to fix their IT equipment.
• You will be a fast learner, who is organised, has a great eye for details and will be able to think on your feet.
• You will be able to work independently with remote guidance from our friendly Customer Support Team based in London, UK.
• Having excellent communication skills, you are able to manage expectations and articulate technical details in a non-technical way.
• You will have a presence and be able to connect with people quickly to deliver realistic solutions skilfully.
• You will be a keen traveller who is able to spend up to 50% of the time in different broadcasting studios predominantly (but not exclusively) in North and South America.
• Being an avid problem solver, who thinks on their feet and thrives under pressure is an absolute must for this role - as is a valid passport.
• Technically you will know your way around a computer, be familiar with electronics and networking (e.g. TCP / IP). Knowing your way around a Linux operating system would be a distinct advantage.
• You will be flexible and willing to work outside normal office hours as necessary to support clients in different time zones.
Do you have the drive, commitment, and a passion to help customers? Then we’d like to hear from you.
Training will be provided.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers