I am a retired VC/Hedge Fund Manager who has switched sides of the table to work alongside founders and management teams to craft the strategies and documents which are written from both the founders and investors perspective.
My business model is simple. I am a sole practitioner, and unlike web companies, plan mills, MBA' s and other 'highest rated' practitioners, I have sat across the table from those seeking investment capital for over 25 years signing transfers which topped $2 billion in almost every sector, business, revenue and marketing model that we have seen over the past 25 years.
In making these 'investment' decisions, I have reviewed over 2000 business plans, PPM's, sat through 'too many' Power Point presentations (which in many cases can be considered cruel and unusual punishment) and dissected financial projections, valuations, deal structures and funding strategies for entities across the spectrum of traditional and emerging business sectors. These include STO's. ICO's SAFE's, Conv. notes, Reg A/ C/D & S-1's
Over the past 7 years, I have created structures, offering documents (PPM's including subscription and investor questionnaire operating plans, pitch decks and financials for legalized recreational, medical, grow, dispensaries, testing labs, retail and pharma manufacturers.
Additionally, over the past 3-4 years, I have written documents and financial projections for block chain and cryptocurrency. enterprises. These include STO;s, ICO's and SAFE's. Along with the by-laws, operating agreements, subscription/stock purchase and investor questionnaires.
This continuum of services offers clients a seamless method of generating the series of informational documents and analysis without outsourcing to the multiple entities who create one or two items such as strategy and positioning- pitch deck, business plan, PPM, financial cap tables, term sheets and legal experts with the inherent back and forth, missed deadlines and information which is lost in translation. (causing potential
1 legal issues)
Based on client feedback, I adopted a method utilizing screen-share where we build, review and compare documents together. This methodology has in many cases has added significant value to the project including revenue stream diversification, creating a unique value prop and key differentiators while reducing the back and forth and shortening the process. Many considered the process a mini- MBA in early stage company creation and management
Another benefit is a great night's sleep. No longer do presenters stay up late nervously cramming before the next morning's meeting. Why? because the continual and depth of interaction translates into a deep knowledge of your business and what folks like me needed to know.
My value proposition is as follows:
1. I am a sole practitioner -- I am the only person you speak with or who touches your materials
2. We use screen share to create, review and edit materials
3. We develop and create financial projections together so you will be able to respond to any questions you might receive with confidence and clarity
4. My research is fresh (within the past 4 quarters) from wall street sources -- not census data like others use
5. Before writing we develop a funding strategy, as each set of documents is targeted to the type of investor, we believe is the most relevant for the level of funding you require and what you need the proceeds for
6. There are no templates
7. I work with a maximum of 3 clients at a time to provide a high level of interaction
8. I do not up-sell. Only after we discuss your goals -- do we decide which documents you require (in many cases all that is necessary is a pitch deck and financial projections)
9. I will work with you to create a capital structure (share allocation) which will protect your interests
10. The documents we create together are both a funding document and operational road map to create a sustainable, scalable and profitable business
11. This process serves as the best meeting and management prep -- no other provider uses this methodology
12. If required I can generally meet most deadlines (usually there is an extra charge)
The services I offer are as follows:
1. Review, rewrites, edits
2. Due-diligence & validation of financial projections
3. Pitch deck creation/ updates
4. Funding strategy, valuations, capitalization structure
5. Mini plans/exec summaries
6. Deal structure, valuations
7. Capital raising docs- PPM, Prospectus, STO and ICO
8. Bridge loan, other investment agreements
9. Operating, businesses, turnaround plans
10. Investment Fund documentation
11. Fund creation
12. Subscription agreements
13. Term sheet
14. Registration materials
15. Qualified investor questionnaires
17. Acting C-level or board member
18. Operating agreements and by-laws
I also include 30 post project pro-bono advisory.
Please do not ask me to quote a price prior to speaking or having a screen share. How could any professional quote a price if they do not understand what the project encompasses, which documents you require, how much work you have that we can use and your target audience?
One last thought about pricing. If you have come this far in making what in many cases is a life changing decision of switching, managing or starting a new career, then adding the financial worries and concerns along with the remarkable amount of mental and emotional stress you have - and will continue to undergo - do you really want to hire a business plan writer from Craig's list or the Web ?
Or would you hire an experienced professional who can bring 25 years of perspective, expertise and knowledge across every element of your strategy,
Preparation, documentation and yes, the understanding of the emotional wear and tare.
Please contact me to arrange a screens-hare review of work samples, as well as how I might best assist you with your efforts. My agreements bar me from sending out other materials (you would not like to see you docs used as advertising content) so screen share works best.
Again, and unlike folks on the INTERNET, I do not have a team nor outsource. I work with 3 clients at a time (and on occasion 1 or 2 depending on the scope of the project).
Thank you for your interest.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers