Phillips Draperies is the largest contractor of window covering for commercial buildings in the greater Los Angeles area. We have been in business since 1947. Our projects range from custom draperies in movie theatres to automated solar shades inside downtown highrises that move according to sun intensity. We are looking for an assistant project manager. This is an entry level position but we welcome candidates who have prior project management or hands-on experience in the construction trade. Your growth path here is only limited by your drive and aptitude.
QR Code Link to This Post
The following are responsibilities that you will assist with:
- Understanding customer requirements based on architectural blueprints and specifications
- Estimating costs of material, hardware, installation, expenses and logistics.
- Preparing bids to our clients
- Managing change orders and updating quotes
- Visiting project sites
- Working with customers, subcontractors and suppliers
- Following the project to completion of installation and client acceptance
- Maintaining detailed and organized records of bid documents and correspondence
Special consideration will be given to candidates with experience reading building blueprints and doing electronic takeoff with Bluebeam or similar.
You must have:
- Aptitude to learn fast. There is a lot of trade specific knowledge you would need to pick up.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Quick with basic math such as addition and multiplication
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Nice to have:
- Ability to read building blueprints and understand plan, elevation and section
- Knowledge with electrical drawings/specifications and familiarity with electronics
- Experience in the construction trade
Position is full-time , M-F at our office in Pasadena.
We offer a competitive hourly salary commensurate with your experience along with medical insurance, 401(K) with profit sharing, paid holidays and paid time-off. Please send us your resume along with salary history and reason why you would like to come work for us. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please include "Attention to detail" in your response. Thank you.