We are an Architectural Millwork firm in Monterey Park, CA specializing in premium grade interiors for fortune 500 companies. There is an immediate opening for a highly motivated Assistant Estimator / Project Assistant.
QR Code Link to This Post
WOODWORKING / ASSISTANT ESTIMATOR / TAKEOFFS:
• Preparation of takeoffs and proposals.
• Estimating and bid analysis.
• Research of products and materials for bidding.
• Client communications.
• Subcontractor, vendor and supplier communications.
• Excellent mathematical and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of architectural millwork or desire to learn.
• Ability to read construction drawings and identify product requirements.
• Must be resourceful and use all available tools to research products and specs required.
• Ability to break out all materials, labor and overhead costs and pay high attention to details.
• Good time management skills; must be able multitask and work in multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to cope intelligently under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
• Must work as a collaborative team member with other departments to ensure satisfactory completion of projects.
• Ability to take direction and follow company policies and procedures.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a professional demeanor; these must be applied when communicating with clients, suppliers and other team members.
• Computer literacy must have experience using Word, Excel and Outlook. Knowledge of AutoCAD and Microvellum is a plus.
• Ability to complete accurately and timely order forms, logs, etc.
• Ability to meet company attendance requirements including but not limited to flexible hours, be reliable and punctual.
Important Characteristics of Applicant:
• Strong Time Management Skills
• Thoroughness and Accuracy of Submitted Work
• Strong Organizational Skills
• Adequate Leadership, Management, and Interpersonal Skills