compensation: Competitive salary offered; and it will be based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
CONSTRUCTION COMPANY SEEKS A PROJECT ENGINEER:
Developer in Pasadena California is seeking a Project Engineer for a new multi-family development project. Talented construction professionals only. The candidate must have new construction experience, e.g., residential, condos and Mixed-Use construction experience. The candidate will work closely with the Project Managers and Owners. As the Project Engineer, you will perform routine daily activities and assist in gathering and distributing information to team members. You must have strong written and verbal communications skills and manage your time effectively.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Receive, log and distribute new plans from Architect and consultants
• Assist Project Manager on the subcontractor bidding process.
• Request and follow up on bids
• Receive and log bids
• Forward all bids to Project Manager for review
• Follow up with subcontractors on any proposal questions or revisions
• Perform quantity take-offs for creating allowance budgets and purchasing of materials.
• Create and send all Purchase Orders for the project and submit to the Project Manager and Accounting Department for in-house record keeping
• Follow up with the vendor on lead-time and coordinate deliveries with the Site Superintendent and Project Manager
• Assist Project Manager in writing subcontractor contracts and scopes of work.
• Assist Project Manager with RFI's
• Collect RFI information from Site Superintendents
• Create RFI on standardized form and submit to Project Manager for approval
• Send RFI to Consultant and follow up on getting a response
• Receive and log RFI response and forward to Project Manager
• Distribute to subcontractors per Project Manager's direction and follow up to receive a confirmation of receipt.
• In-house drafting and construction details.
• Set-up all required utility accounts and work with the City to obtain and pay for all fees
• Submit all fee and account information to Project Manager for processing
• Create building manuals for HOA
• Obtain permits required during construction (ex. Street use permits)
• Manage C&D Reports with City or County
• Perform buyer walk-thru's as recently finished projects sell
• Manage the warranty claims and service calls
• Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent thereof required.
• Must have experience working at a construction company.
• Knowledge of accounting principles and costs control procedure, including but not limited to estimating construction costs, scheduling and purchasing
• Strong background in engineering principles, techniques, and various construction methods and installation procedures
• Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications.
• Must have exceptional time management and organizational skills.
• Must excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must know Microsoft Office products, e.g., Word, Excel and Project.
• Must be self-motivated & punctual.
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have exceptional follow-up skills
• Must be professional and polished in appearance and speech.
Qualified construction professionals only.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers