compensation: 3rd Shift - $15.15 Per Hour + 35 Cents Shift Differential - 11 pm to 7:30 am employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The Utility Worker is responsible for proper packaging of materials and finished products. This position will also load and move material and operate packaging equipment. The Utility Worker (Packer) will also be required to follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards and with applicable laws and regulations issued by regulatory agencies.
• Ensure proper packing and packaging of product in accordance with specific customer requirements.
• Inspect finished products to ensure it conforms to customer requirements.
• Discard defective bottles and report poor quality issues to management.
• Prepare materials to support production line changeovers to include mix and regrind material.
• Monitor operation of conveyor systems and clear bottle jams from lines.
• May operate bagger and de-bagging machines.
• May operate bottle decoration or silkscreen equipment.
• Assemble boxes and cartons and may hand-pack materials.
• Load and unload materials from trucks.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
The requirements listed below are minimum requirements for the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job, unless such accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the Company.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Basic mathematical skills are required.
• Basic computer experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job, unless such accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the Company. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts in a production environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Temperatures inside the plant can fluctuate between hot and cold according to seasonal changes. Personal protective equipment (PPE) is required in the production department and other designated areas. Temperatures inside the plant can fluctuate between hot and cold according to seasonal changes.
Consolidated Container Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
To apply click on the link below and it will take you to our careers page, under keywords enter UTILITY WORKER (Packer) and under location enter US-CA- Industry.