compensation: $15.00 per hour employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
About the Job:
Looking for a Full-Time HR and Administrative Assistant to help a nationwide wholesaler organize and grow!
We are a Covina-based manufacturing and wholesale distribution operation serving a niche market and are seeking an eager, detail-oriented and experienced self-starter to join our team.
What You'll Do:
You will be joining our small, multi-faceted team to accomplish complex office functions. Here's a closer look at the duties in this critical role:
- Ongoing collaboration with internal staff including the CEO, Operations Manager, Accountant, etc.
- Administer periodic benefits enrollments and yearly renewals
- Administer biweekly payroll processing via timesheets and commission reports and in collaboration with the CPA on retainer, plus distribution of end-of-year W-2s
- Ability to effectively research state and federal resources to answer complex HR related questions
- Occasional communication with the company lawyer on retainer regarding sensitive legal issues that may arise
- Business insurance analysis, renewals and audits including general liability and workers compensation
- Maintain appropriate confidential material handling procedures
- Prepare recruitment listings and job postings for various departments
- Perform new hire onboarding and introductory training
- Insurance claims administration – including freight, workers compensation, and general liability claims
- Workers Compensation analysis, reporting, and audit support
- Work with the Sales Managers, Operations Manager, Production Manager and CEO to address employee relations issues
- Perform and assist in employee evaluations, performance reviews, warnings, write ups, and terminations
- Perform compensation analysis and reporting for the CEO
- Potential for cross-training in operational functions as time allows
What You'll Need:
- Reliable transportation and the ability to work from our facilities in Covina, CA
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Administration/Management - preferred but not required
- At least 3 years’ experience in administrative or operations supportive roles
- Strong skills with Windows computers, Intuit QuickBooks, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, & Excel
- Experience using HRISs
- Effective communication skills
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Self-organized and can work well in a team environment
- Creative problem solver & critical thinker (if you don’t know the answer, you can find it!)
- Open to moderate on-the-job learning and professional development
- Attention to detail is very important
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks to meet hard deadlines
- Friendly and personable phone demeanor
- Can remain calm, demure and professional under pressure
- Eager to grow professionally and contribute in the development of a niche market
- Ethical and hardworking with a true heart for helping people
- Some Chinese fluency would be helpful but is not required
Please email us your resume. Inquiries without this item will not be considered. Shift would be 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday. Health Insurance, Paid Holidays, and Vacation Benefits available for full-time employees after 90 days. Interview attire is business casual. Starting rate is $15+ per hour or higher based on experience.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers