compensation: based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Growing Metal distributor is seeking a full-time Saw Operator / Warehouse Employee
• Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
• Sets stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule, or template.
• Observes machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction.
• Measures work piece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation.
• Removes burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale from work piece.
• Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines, dies, or work pieces.
• Work directly with Department Supervisor to ensure customer desired delivery requirements are met.
• Prioritize workload to meet customer requirements and company performance goals
• Inspects the acceptability of purchased materials by thorough examination of the component's critical features using the appropriate inspection tools.
• Rejects damaged items, records shortages, and communicates with the warehouse office personnel.
• Color-codes items and attaches identification labels
• Clearly and accurately records the results of inspection on appropriate inspection forms
• Performs final inspection before packing
• Accurately count and inspect material for damage and cleanliness.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• 18 years of age
• Ability to read and write English
• Ability to stand, sit, bend, stoop, and stretch
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly
• Ability to perform basic math calculations
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Detail oriented, able to multi-task
• Familiar with basic computer systems
• Ability to work with quality inspection tools including measure tape, micrometer and calipers and perform basic dimensional tolerances