Responsible for handling, maintenance, and Hydro-testing compressed gas cylinders and/or preparing both high and low pressure cylinders and equipment for customer use. Provide hydrostatic testing and other services to cylinders in a safe, timely and accurate manner to ensure that the cylinders are in compliance with all local, state, and DOT regulations. Must be able to distinguish between different types of cylinders to verify the integrity of the cylinder and valves, and properly prepare the cylinders for gas, and dry/wet chemical.
• Examines cylinders for surface defects such as dents, cracks, burns, rust, pitting and corrosion.
• Stages cylinders in designated work area for inspection testing and maintenance.
• Performs basic cylinder maintenance such as painting, labeling, and stamping cylinders.
• Removes and replaces valves using machine and or wrenches.
• Weighs filled cylinders on the proper scale and records/verifies proper weight.
• Understands basic functions of the CO2 Receiver, CO2 Systems and associate components.
• Fill cylinders with compressed gas, liquid or dry chemical.
• Maintenance, repair and service of portable fire extinguishers.
• Maintain/repair components of fire extinguishers as necessary (valves, O-rings, pressure gauges, etc.).
• Ability to communicate effectively; both verbally and written
• Complete required DOT paperwork for testing high and low pressure cylinders.
• Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
• Regular and punctual attendance.
• Have a strong work ethic and be able to work independently as well as working in a team.
• Minimum High School Diploma or GED with 4 years working experience in a Shop environment.
• Ability to hydro statically test high and low pressure cylinders.
• Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and safe driving record (Haz Mat License is a plus).
• Have a working knowledge of NFPA 10, DOT & CFR requirements.
• The ability to troubleshoot minor mechanical and electrical issues with shop machines.
• Ability to perform heavy work. Routinely lift 25 - 75 lbs. and occasionally lift 76 - 100 lbs.
• Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours; frequent bending, stooping, crouching, and reaching.
• State of California Fire Extinguisher Certificate of Registration EE License Type 1, 2, and 3 (Required).
• State of California Class C Driver License (Required).
• Hazardous Material License (Preferred).
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers