compensation: Salary range of $90k to $150k commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits! employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The position requires approximately 40-50 hours/week (flexible hours), though additional hours may be required based on work volume and tax season demands. Salary range is $90,000- $150,000. Additionally, we are offering a substantial, monthly health insurance reimbursement plan and a vacation plan.
Are you ready to take the next step with a company that is far more than just about "the numbers"? Do you want to be part of a dynamic team and make an impact not only on our company but on the well-being of our clients? Interested candidates, please provide a resume in Word format. We look forward to hearing from you!
The ideal candidate will not only bring strong technical skills to the table but should be extremely personable as client interaction is frequent. The ability to communicate complex issues clearly and concisely with clients is essential.
The ideal candidate will have private sector, and public accounting accounting experience in a management and/or controller/CFO capacity. We believe this experience provides a CPA with unique insight because the candidate has been in the client's shoes in the past. Additionally, the leadership experience is essential to developing and managing the tax department with added direct reports over time. Prior experience in a supervisory role is essential to the position's necessity to manage, mentor and develop support staff.
Day-to-day responsibilities may include the following:
• Devising and presenting tax planning strategies with business and individual clients
• Facilitating tax research and compliance (staying on top of tax law changes/rulings/etc.), working with outside tax specialty law firm (as needed) as well as identifying tax planning opportunities and issues
• Provided advice regarding IRS and state issues and support to correspondence and audits
• Handling applicable tax notices, sales and use tax audits, business tax audits, etc. as engaged by clients
• Implementing tax advice in response to new legislation
• Providing supervision, training, mentoring and guidance to future tax staff.
• Overseeing and handling administrative duties of the tax department.
• Bookkeeping/compilation duties (data entry, sales tax payments, bank reconciliation, journal entry preparation, financial statement preparation) as needed, particularly during "down times" on the tax side
• Knowledge transfer and skill development (working with company president to improve workflow efficiencies and self-development to acquire additional skills through research/ongoing training for advancement)
Software includes: Word, Excel, Outlook, QuickBooks and Thomson Reuters tax and accounting software, these accounting software preferred but not required!
We are also looking for a Business Manager managing a team of Account Managers/Bookkeepers, preferably a candidate with their CPA certification offering up to $200k. Datafaction required for our location in Woodland Hills.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers